• Register
  • Help

Topic: When PC Magazine reviews a DAW tool...

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy When PC Magazine reviews a DAW tool...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

When you have PC Magazine review a digital audio tool, you get such valuable and insightful information...

Re: When PC Magazine reviews a DAW tool...

Well, it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Well, it's true.
    Hehe. Er...yes, it is true.

If a person knows what Pro Tools is, then this review probably is fairly useless to them.

If they don't know what ProTools is, then mentioning it in the "Cons" tells them nothing.

--- Glenn

Gee, so they're telling you that 80 dollar software isn't as comprehensive as 500 dollar ProTools... Do you think they'd pay me to write reviews of software for them? Cause even I could figure that one out...
    Tim

Try to search for pro news on mags like CM, SOS, VI etc.....
    I think there aren't many pro advices about MAC on PC Magazine, either.

Just for the record I totallly agree that the review is completely without perspective. I was being sarcastic

And Pro Tools- $500!!! Can you really get into a usable system with software, computer, interfaces and control surfaces for under ten grand???

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Just for the record I totallly agree that the review is completely without perspective. I was being sarcastic

And Pro Tools- $500!!! Can you really get into a usable system with software, computer, interfaces and control surfaces for under ten grand???
    Fred,
    I knew you agreed. I was just amplifying my original comment in my first response to you.

And yeah, ProTools for $500?? I did a double take on that. I always thought it was mucho bucks, too.

--- Glenn

You can buy a $100 M-Audio interface and Pro Tools M-Powered for $300 (total $400), or a Digidesign M-Box - which comes with PT LE - for $500 list.

It's Pro Tools HD that costs thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    You can buy a $100 M-Audio interface and Pro Tools M-Powered for $300 (total $400), or a Digidesign M-Box - which comes with PT LE - for $500 list.

It's Pro Tools HD that costs thousands.
    Yeah, it was Pro Tools LE that I was refering to. If you had enough money to afford and the need to use a Pro Tools HD system, you deffinitely wouldn't be reading reviews of music software in PC Magazine...
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    Yeah, it was Pro Tools LE that I was refering to. If you had enough money to afford and the need to use a Pro Tools HD system, you deffinitely wouldn't be reading reviews of music software in PC Magazine...
    OK, I get it now. Since there is a Pro Tools that is sort of near this $80 price range, maybe the review information is more reasonable than I thought.

Go Back to forum