• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using JABB in Band-in-a-Box

Share/Bookmark

Smile Using JABB in Band-in-a-Box

First post here.

I have been reasonably successful getting great sounds from JABB in BIAB. If anyone else is interested in trying this, you might benefit from my notes at

http://www2.taconic.net/finley/garritan.htm

There are still some unresolved issues, and I welcome comments and corrections.

Re: Using JABB in Band-in-a-Box

Thanks. I'm just starting with this myself. The only difference is that I'm working with the Mac OS X version of BIAB and JABB.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfinley
    First post here.

I have been reasonably successful getting great sounds from JABB in BIAB. If anyone else is interested in trying this, you might benefit from my notes at

http://www2.taconic.net/finley/garritan.htm

There are still some unresolved issues, and I welcome comments and corrections.
    mattfinley,

This is just fantastic! This sure will be a great help to all those BIAB and GPO users.

Would you mind if this gets posted in the Tutorials section of my website? Perhaps adding screenshots for those who may be inspired by action graphics may also help. When I return I could probably add some screenshots.

Thanks for doing this!

Gary Garritan

Using JABB and GPO with Band in a Box 12 on Mac OS X requires configuring OS X's Audio MIDI Setup utility to use the Apple IAC (inter-application communication) MIDI driver, and making appropriate configurations in BIAB and the Kontakt Player.

I'll take some screen shots and write up a short tutorial and send it to you when I find the time.

It's quite easy to configure but kinda non-intutive to figure out!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Would you mind if this gets posted in the Tutorials section of my website?
    Gary Garritan
    Please go ahead and use this in any way you feel it will help others.

Both Band-In-A-Box and Power Tracks Pro now support JABB and GPO. See the PG Music web site for a tutorial.

Go Back to forum