• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ivory: 1.0 to 1.5 differences

Share/Bookmark

Ivory: 1.0 to 1.5 differences

hi there
    I've just installed Ivory 1.5 here and - since I overwrote the old library - I have no quick possibility to compare. But now I'm not sure if the same (e.g. 8-Layers) programs still sound the same. I have generally a slightly more "slim" impression. They say they did some denoising and in fact there was some rumble in the steinway before which is now gone ... So what exactly did they do? I don't want to say it sounds "worse" for now, not at all. But I'm curious for more opinions. Has anybody still both libraries on the disk?

best wishes

u
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Re: Ivory: 1.0 to 1.5 differences

I also deleted the old library, and I have no regrets :-) Ivory 1.0 had major (!) noise problems, and they are most definitely gone. The sustained chords now sound clean, and that's a major improvement. And the added layers improve realism even more and I'm under the impression performance has improved a bit too. But I can't compare them together, and that's what you were asking for...

Re: Ivory: 1.0 to 1.5 differences

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    ...The sustained chords now sound clean, and that's a major improvement....
    hi tommy + happy new year. It's absolutely true that noise was at times a real problem especially when using the pedal. so I'm happy about that, too. anyway I wrote to synthogy, maybe they tell me what kind of denoising they did, I'll maybe report that here.

so is there anyone here with both libraries on the disc?
    Uli Reuter
    film composer, Germany

Go Back to forum