• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why are the ports' outputs stacked?

Share/Bookmark

Why are the ports' outputs stacked?

I'm pretty new to using Gigastudio, and I can't figure something out. I have instruments on different channels in port 1, and they're fine. But when I start using instruments on channels in port 2, those sounds will become stacked with whatever corresponding channels in port 1. I have the correct settings in Sonar where I set the port number and channel number. Why can't I get the ports' output to seperate? Technically I should be able to get 64 individual sounds playing seperately, right (not considering CPU/RAM issue)? But right now as soon as I reach #17 (port 2, channel 1), it'll start to stack with port 1, Channel 1. (And port 2 channel 2 with port 1 channel 1...etc and so on).

Re: Why are the ports' outputs stacked?

Sounds like the ports are linked. I'm not at home, so can't give instructions for un-linking, but I'm sure you can look it up.

L
    In Giga main screen,
    Look at the little keyboard on the left to see if the little square ports are light green or dark green. If they are light green, they are linked to each other. If they are dark green, they are separate.

Give it a try.

Jamiha

L

OOPS - click on the boxes to change them.

jamiha

Ahh, that's it! Thanks! But I had to do something else as well--to set the Midi In Ports all to None.

Go Back to forum