• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't delete LPC samples...

Share/Bookmark

Can't delete LPC samples...

Got LPC, loaded it - canceled it while it was loading (cause harddrive space was about to run out). Now I'm trying to delete the folders, but whenever I do, the computer reboots. It has rebooted a record 30 times now. Help meeeeee~~~~

- Help

Re: Can't delete LPC samples...

That's funky. Hopefully someone can chime in with a fix but if it were me-- I'd reformat. Hope it's a data only drive.

Hi Aaron,

I have had this happen to me when I've had a large number of files in a folder. I've only gotten around it by deleting the files in smaller chunks and then removing the folder. Sucks to have to do this but it worked for me. Give it a try.

FV

I've been doing that.. but then I grow impatient and try deleting bigger and bigger clusters. Then REBOOT. AND VOILA! - the files are back to be re-deleted.

Always gotta be something.

Unfortunately, WindowsXP seems to crash when a huge number of files are deleted. (with my system, it crashes and reboots when I delete more than 1,500 files.)

Try this;

By checking the box, you may get a better result.

And from my experience, if you use Norton AntiVirus 2005, it should be turned off when you delete a large number of files. The protection feature seems to be one of the cause of the problem. (Norton 2005 protects the files in Trash Box.)

I hope this helps and you will re-install LPC on your system soon.

Akihito

Thanks a ton! That helped a lot - got it all deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihito Okawa
    Unfortunately, WindowsXP seems to crash when a huge number of files are deleted. (with my system, it crashes and reboots when I delete more than 1,500 files.)

Try this;
    By checking the box, you may get a better result.
    Of course, sometimes you might want files to go in the Recycle Bin. In individual cases, Shift+Delete bypasses the recycle bin.

Go Back to forum