• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 and DP

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 and DP

Using Kontakt 2 to build a full choir in DP took some patient work, but I have it running finally with 2 instances of Kontakt 2 and 2 of WordBuilder. However, I am getting voice overlap intermittently. In other words, I play in C-D-E an octave above middle C and occasionally (usually if the tempo is fast or if the velocity is high) I get notes sounding a major 10th below (altos below sopranos). If I release the notes and then slowly replay them, the problem stops. Is there some explanation for this? Any solution?

Thanks

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Re: Kontakt 2 and DP

Again, I am answering my own question. Thought I'd post the solution in case it helps anyone. Apparently this has to do with the vowel A (as in car). It is a known problem with Kontakt and Wordbuilder and will be fixed in upcoming updates. I tested this by removing all instances of the vowel for the time being until the fix happens. And it solved the problem

Happy New Year
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by daerp@mac.com
    Using Kontakt 2 to build a full choir in DP took some patient work, but I have it running finally with 2 instances of Kontakt 2 and 2 of WordBuilder. However, I am getting voice overlap intermittently. In other words, I play in C-D-E an octave above middle C and occasionally (usually if the tempo is fast or if the velocity is high) I get notes sounding a major 10th below (altos below sopranos). If I release the notes and then slowly replay them, the problem stops. Is there some explanation for this? Any solution?

Thanks

Paul
    Mac Pro 2X2.8 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xenon, 10Gb 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM, OS10.6.4, Finale 2011, Digital Performer 7.1, Altiverb 6, Yamaha S90, Built-in audio, GPO, JABB, Garritan Authorized Steinway (Pro), Reason 3, M-Audio Ozone, Giovani, Symphonic Choirs, Kontakt 2, Vienna Symphonic Library. Website:http://www.paulread.ca

Go Back to forum