• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 2 opinions

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 opinions

Just wondering how Kontakt 2 is working these days. I have numerous libs that use built-in KompaKt and KontaKt engines. I'd like to upgrade to the full Kontakt but not sure if enough bugs have been worked out. I've heard horrible stories of it constantly crashing. Any opinions based on experience here? I have a Dell P4 2.6ghz with 1 gig ram. Thanks

Eric

Re: Kontakt 2 opinions

I have a Mac dual 2Ghz with 4.5 Gb RAM. The current version is very stable for me. I have no more issues with it than any other piece of software. When opening Kompakt/Kontakt player libraries with K2 you will lose some of the easy access parameter editing that these specialized players offer. You can still get it done (and much, much more), but it may take an extra effort.

3ghz P4 with 2GB of RAM here, K2 is very good. My only problem is that the VST itself takes forever to load.. probably 4x as long as Kontakt 1. The actual time to load *samples* isn't long (depends on DFD of course), just the plugin. This makes some of my larger projects take about 4 mins to load where with Kontakt 1 it might only take 1-2. However, this is my only complaint.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Hi, I thought I'd throw in my 0.02 as well, since I also have a Dell, P4 2.66 with 1GB, and I've found K2 to be stable on my system, too. Opening it in Sonar is a bit of a CPU hit, but I really like the memory purge feature, which allows me to load much larger projects than I could otherwise.

But I also confess that for the most part, K2 is just a sample player for me. I've barely scratched the surface of its more advanced editing features.

I've heard about the nightmarish instability that some users report, but I haven't seen it. HTH.

Michael

Hey Quasar, check out the post in the Kontakt topic regarding using K2 in standalone mode with your sequencer. It's really worth setting up this way instead of using K2 as a plug-in.

Kontakt 2 has been stable on my PC since it first came out.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Thanks everyone. This is what I wanted to know. Also, I should have mentioned before that I am using Cubase SX, 1.06 at that ( I know I need to upgrade). Hopefully a few of these projects will pay off soon and I can upgrade everything, ram included. Thanks again.

Eric

Dude Kontakt 2 is a must! it's not only an amzingly powerful sampler but it's a super Powerful synth! I really recommend getting the DVD tutorial that is out on it when you get it^_* oh yea it comes with loads of great sounds, the VSL stuff is sweet as well.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

If you are on a PC and not a Sonar user its fine.
    Sonar users seem to be in a hellish nightmare with it.
    Mac users have LOTS of issues.
    ProTools users REALLY have problems.

the next K2 update was announced to be 12 - 20 weeks away.

They really dropped the ball but it seems that there is hope that someone is at leasting trying to find it and pick it up.

Check the kontakt forum at NI to read the soap opera.

I am on a mac. Staying at 1.5 until the next update.

I have never had K2 crash in Sonar or even crash yet.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Go Back to forum