• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Synful sections - demo!!!

Share/Bookmark

Synful sections - demo!!!

This is a Ravel mockup I´m working using only Synful...the harp is not there yet...I´d like some comments about it http://www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/Ravel.mp3
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Synful sections - demo!!!

I'm always impressed when I hear Synful. The parts that are not working well are clearly not working well--the initial moving parts are eerie and strange.

But overall, the sound has a character that really works. The expressive factor is really there in dynamic shifts, which is ironic since the expression has to be generated.

When I hear this, it makes me think that it would be fascinating to use Synful to create individual tracks--then really effect them to obscure the orchestral imitation--and then recombine them to get a very electronic, but very expressive result.

Or in other words, I hear the greater potential for this tool as creative abuse.

Leo,

I've always been impressed with your work...this is another excellent example!

The piece itself is very lively and expressive...great job! The opening apreggiated sequence sounds a little "synthy", -BUT- due to the effect Ravel was going for and the techniques empolyed, it's supposed to sound light and flowing, so I really don't thnk you're off the mark here.

Say, Synful was supposed to release some updates by the end of 2005...has anyone heard ay news about the updates?

Keep up the great work, Leo! Let us hear it again once you include the harp!

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Say, Synful was supposed to release some updates by the end of 2005...has anyone heard ay news about the updates?
    http://www.synful.com/Download.htm

Thank you all for the comments...as critics are always welcome I´d like to ask you what is fake at the begining...could you all be more specific about it???I had two recordings as a reference but actually I can´t hear anything sounding synthy...tome they sound very close to the recordings I have here!!!
    Craig , my sequence was played instead of using the mouse , the only change I´ve made was in the velocities , maybe that´s the problem you mean...but again , what I´m hearing is very similar to the real recordings!!!
    Leo

Very nice.

Frank

Sorry, i already had posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    I'm always impressed when I hear Synful. The parts that are not working well are clearly not working well--the initial moving parts are eerie and strange.

But overall, the sound has a character that really works. The expressive factor is really there in dynamic shifts, which is ironic since the expression has to be generated.

When I hear this, it makes me think that it would be fascinating to use Synful to create individual tracks--then really effect them to obscure the orchestral imitation--and then recombine them to get a very electronic, but very expressive result.

Or in other words, I hear the greater potential for this tool as creative abuse.

I have not used Synful becuase it does not seem to like my Echo card but I was having the same idea myself.

Although composers should never stop writing for real instruments and voices, we should consider what muscial synthesis can offer as a medium onto itself.
    I mean you can have absolute dynamic, tonal, and rythematic control with computers in a way that is not possible for humans to perform but we have not explotited these possibilities very well. Well composed digital music should become a genra and I do not mean "tape" because that stuff is just interested in weird sounds, not composed mucic.

Great work on this!! I have to admit, I tend to agree that the basic sound of Synful here is still "synthy" for lack of a better word. Not entirely natural. BUT I also agree that I continue to be blown away at the natural sound the performance can have- the legato is great and there's an overall feeling of a musical performance that is really really hard to get with regular librarys. So I maintian my postition that Synful does what it does well better than anything else out there, even if it still falls short of the brass ring in terms of sound. I'm sure it will get there.

Thanks for the new comments...actually I still wondering what sounds synthy , I´de like more details so that I could make some changes!!!
    Leo

Go Back to forum