• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: piano libraries that sound like Bohemian Rapsody

Share/Bookmark

Piano libraries that sound like Bohemian Rhapsody

Anybody know of any piano libraries with a little tweaking can sound like Freddie Mercury's piano on "A Night at the Opera"?

Re: piano libraries that sound like Bohemian Rapsody

Huh, that's an interesting one. The Mats Helgesson Maestro Concert Grand from that link might be a good choice- it's a grand with a nice tone but it has a semi-loose chorusy tuning. Might really fit the bill and it's free!! It's GS3...

Re: piano libraries that sound like Bohemian Rhapsody

Thanks...that sounds great especially since I use GS3!

Hi,

I don't know what is the model of the piano played by Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody but it is the same piano where Paul McCartney played Hey Jude.

Cheers!

A little more...

Jordan Rudess (the Dream Theater's keyboardist) plays the beginning of Bohemian Rhapsody in the epic piece octavarium from their last album (at 6:33 for more info) using Ivory and the result is really cool.

Cheers!

Re: piano libraries that sound like Bohemian Rhapsody

I seem to remember on some Queen albums Bechstein pianos are given the credit, but to my ears the piano in Bo Rap sounds like an upright - wasn't that what McCartney played on "Hey Jude"?

Paul plays an upright in the video but who knows what it was in the studio. But-
    I did an A/B today between the Maestro Grand and Worra's Rain Piano and the Rain Piano is almost perfect for Bohemian Rhapsody. I meant to make samples and post them but I got sidetracked like a dummy. Rain Piano is a little hard on the attacks but it has the sound, fer sher. Speaking of uprights

Reminds me of an old Benny Hill joke:
    Women are like pianos:
    When they're upright they're fine...
    but when they are lying down they're grand!

Thanks for the heads up about worra and sorry to have offended anyone..!

Probably not the same piano, but Rain piano and Vertikal piano from Sampletekk are very warm sounding uprights. I like to use Rain for Beatley stuff.

fizbin

Quote Originally Posted by fizbin
    Probably not the same piano, but Rain piano and Vertikal piano from Sampletekk are very warm sounding uprights. I like to use Rain for Beatley stuff.

fizbin
    Thanks for using our pianos!
    Right now, (a few days more...), you can get both Rain Piano & Vertikal Pop DirectDownload at a discount from our site
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum