• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Low down on the strad please?

Share/Bookmark

The Low down on the strad please?

Hi Gary et al,
    Hope you had a good Xmas. Ive been away for a while working on other projects, checked back once in a while but not much happening (?). I understand that the Strad is out now, could I ask a few questions?

1] Is it currently available in the UK? How much £?

2] Any discount for GPO users? (Dont worry if answer is no)

3] I understand there is sonic morphing between samples, but what else in the way of development? How many voices does the instrument have - how may articulations/bowings?

4] Is it possible to control the articulation of each note?

I dont use Kontakt - rather Halion 3, I would buy Kontakt if it was required, but I would like to have full detail of the capability of the instrument first. I am sure a lot of people would be interested in these questions too.
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: The Low down on the strad please?

ZeroZero,

The Stradivari is available at Time & Space. They should have it in stock and please contact them for details.

There is Sonic Morphing between samples. Instead of freeze dried samples with only a few dynamics there is morphing which provides and endless variety of dynamcis possibilities.

The Stradivari is a hybrid instrument and uses instrument body resonances.

This is a real-time playable instrument and tt is possible to control the articulation of each note. It is a new paradigm shift towards a new type of playable instrument. No longer do you have to think in hunting through articulations and using multiple tracks/staves. Everything is in one patch and uniquely playable.

Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

You must have Kontakt 2 for this library at this time.

Jim

Thanks for the help guys, I am going to purchase this I guess. I have visited the MP3's and watched the video it sounds very impressive. My keyboard does not have aftertouch, with strings I tend to write notation anyway I suppose this is not a hurdle.
    Garry - is the manual available so I could get a good look at the technology please?

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

How does this work when sequencing?

Go Back to forum