• Register
  • Help

Topic: Barbara Walters Special: Dynamix adds a touch of heaven

Share/Bookmark

Barbara Walters Special: Dynamix adds a touch of heaven

In recent news, we've discovered that Erik Paulsen (aka dynamix on our forum) was one of two contributing composer's on the Barbara Walters special: "Heaven. Where is it? How Do We Get There?"

The program aired a week ago, Tuesday night December 20th, and was top rated for that evening in total viewers nationally.

Of the several pieces he contributed, one composition, used within the closing act about near death experiences, was composed almost entirely with GPO. This would be under Chrystal Murzlok's account of life after death.

Congratulations Erik on such a high profile assignment. I wish you many more successes in the coming New Year.

Gary Garritan

Re: Barbara Walters Special: Dynamix adds a touch of heaven

Congrats Erik!

Keep up on the good work!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Erik:

CONGRATULATIONS, ERIK

Any chance of hearing part or all of the GPO version of your TV work?

Jack Cannon
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Thanks to all, especially the forum members who helped with advice during the project.

I'm off from the day job for two weeks and one of my goals is to revamp my lame web page and get some of this stuff up... Of course, I've also been planning on finishing insulating my half finished basement ceiling for the last year... Gonna do my best. In the mean time you can hear older works (from the days before home ownership) at the listen page on my web site.

Several works made it into the special, one using GPO.

I do have a bunch of short custom GPO cues that didn't make it into the project that I'd still like folks to hear.

This job was a huge victory for me for several reasons. Number one, I'd made an impossible deadline, even with several difficult life issues in the mix. Number two, despite my disappointment that several key changes in the program eliminated many of GPO cues I'd written, the client was very happy with all the cues I'd provided. Number three, I was well compensated.

Stay tuned...

Congratulations Erik! I can't wait to hear the cues.

Go Back to forum