• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB and Sibelius 4

Share/Bookmark

JABB and Sibelius 4

GPO works perfectly well with Sibelius 4 but I can't get JABB to work with it at all. The "Devices" box in Sib 4 doesn't seem to know that JABB is there. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Frank Cranmer

Re: JABB and Sibelius 4

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Cranmer
    GPO works perfectly well with Sibelius 4 but I can't get JABB to work with it at all. The "Devices" box in Sib 4 doesn't seem to know that JABB is there. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Frank Cranmer
    I believe you have to run the GPO Studio before you start Sibelius. In this thread you'll find a download link to Garritan Studio that works with JABB:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=40519

/engson

Quote Originally Posted by engson
    I believe you have to run the GPO Studio before you start Sibelius. In this thread you'll find a download link to Garritan Studio that works with JABB:

/engson
    Thanks very much: that's almost fixed the problem. However, although I can now play both JABB and GPO through Sibelius (though not, alas, at the same time), Ambience seems to be permanently disabled, in spite of the fact that I keep checking the box to turn it on. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Frank Cranmer

Quote Originally Posted by engson

/engson
    Thanks very much: that's almost fixed the problem. However, although I can now play both JABB and GPO through Sibelius (not, alas, at the same time: but that's a Sibelius problem, not a Garritan one), Ambience seems to be permanently disabled, in spite of the fact that I keep checking the box to turn it on. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Frank Cranmer

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Cranmer
    Thanks very much: that's almost fixed the problem. However, although I can now play both JABB and GPO through Sibelius (not, alas, at the same time: but that's a Sibelius problem, not a Garritan one), Ambience seems to be permanently disabled, in spite of the fact that I keep checking the box to turn it on. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?
    Frank Cranmer
    I would just like to ask if there's a solution to getting
    Sib.4.1 to play JABB and GPO at the same time or is this a restriction
    of Sibelius. GPO and JABB work ok separately-just with 1 player with 8 instruments.As soonas player2 comes the first player shuts down.In Finale 2006b they work combined(Bank1-16 JABB and Bank 17-32 for GPO, so I'm somewhat puzzled as to why in Sib. this is not the case. Studio V.2 is supposed to allow use of both GPO and JABB ath the same time in notation programs. Can anyone or maybe Gary provide an answer to this.

Hi,

I have used Garritan Studio 2 (beta) for a week or 2 in Sibelius 4.1 & am happy to report it works very well with GPO & JABB together!

In case it helps here's what I do:

Start Studio.

Start Sibelius

Right click in Studio for either GPO or JABB, you can have a total of 8 'players' = 64 insts. of which you can mix between GPO & JABB. Each player can contain GPO or JABB only, but you can have any combination of either library within the 8 players available in Studio.

Right click on Ambience reverb if required.

In Sibelius
    Go to the Mixer & click on the GPO players (1-8) that are appropriate to the instruments you are using & make sure you set the correct 'Channels' to make the instrunment sound.

Other than the above I can't think of anything else that may solve your problems - I hope this may be of some help though.

Cheers,

Nick

PS I have the GPO/Sib crossgrade - this really speades things up for a good 'out of the box' performance - I'm crossing my fingers that Gary, Tom & the people at Sibelius might be able to do a similar thing with JABB?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Care
    Hi,

I have used Garritan Studio 2 (beta) for a week or 2 in Sibelius 4.1 & am happy to report it works very well with GPO & JABB together!

In case it helps here's what I do:

Start Studio.

Start Sibelius

Right click in Studio for either GPO or JABB, you can have a total of 8 'players' = 64 insts. of which you can mix between GPO & JABB. Each player can contain GPO or JABB only, but you can have any combination of either library within the 8 players available in Studio.

Right click on Ambience reverb if required.

In Sibelius
    Go to the Mixer & click on the GPO players (1-8) that are appropriate to the instruments you are using & make sure you set the correct 'Channels' to make the instrunment sound.

Other than the above I can't think of anything else that may solve your problems - I hope this may be of some help though.

Cheers,

Nick

PS I have the GPO/Sib crossgrade - this really speades things up for a good 'out of the box' performance - I'm crossing my fingers that Gary, Tom & the people at Sibelius might be able to do a similar thing with JABB?!!!
    Thanks Nick for your advice but the problem remains the same!!
    I run Studio V.2 and then run sib.4.1 and create e.g. 3Xsaxes and Vl.1/2 and Cello. I load the Saxes in Player 1 JABB -midi channels 1/2/3 and the strings in player 2 GPO midi channels 4/5/6. I test in the mixer (Sib) and the saxes sound with Player 1. I test the strings in the mixer adjusting to Garritan Player 2. I then want to play all but only the strings sound.
    I check the saxes but no sound is there. Is this a restriction in Sibelius because in Finale2006b both JABB and GPO work together. Midi Channels 1-16 JABB and 17-32 GPO.
    Anybody have a solution to this problem??

regards Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Stamak
    Thanks Nick for your advice but the problem remains the same!!
    I run Studio V.2 and then run sib.4.1 and create e.g. 3Xsaxes and Vl.1/2 and Cello. I load the Saxes in Player 1 JABB -midi channels 1/2/3 and the strings in player 2 GPO midi channels 4/5/6. I test in the mixer (Sib) and the saxes sound with Player 1. I test the strings in the mixer adjusting to Garritan Player 2. I then want to play all but only the strings sound.
    I check the saxes but no sound is there. Is this a restriction in Sibelius because in Finale2006b both JABB and GPO work together. Midi Channels 1-16 JABB and 17-32 GPO.
    Anybody have a solution to this problem??

regards Stan

I've just downloaded what appears to be a new version of Studio2 and I can now run both JABB and GPO at the same time in Sib.4.1. One odd thing though is that in the Sibelius mixer I can adjust the volume of the JABB
    instruments but not the GPO ones. Could anybody suggest a solution??

Regards S.McKee

Go Back to forum