• Register
  • Help

Topic: Confused about Stylus RMX

Share/Bookmark

Confused about Stylus RMX

I've listened to all of the Stylus RMX demos (including all of the expansion packages) and they all sound great, but what should I be listening to?

Is Stylus RMX playing everything on the demos or just the drums and percussion.
    System: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800+, 4Gb RAM, Windows XP Pro
    Hard Drives: 320Gb, 3 x 300Gb, 500Gb
    Soundcard: M-Audio Audiophile 192
    Host: Cubase 4.5.2

Re: Confused about Stylus RMX

In many of the demos stylus does it all as far as I can tell. In many they will supplement with items from Trilogy and atmosphere. In some cases instruments unrelated to spectrasonics are used, but the vast majority of any given demo is stylus RMX.

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    On the Spectrasonics site the pop up window always tells you exactly what equipment was used to make the demo.
    Yes....click the individual demo links to find out more about each demo and how it was created.

The jukebox player is there just for a convenient way to listen to all the demos back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    On the Spectrasonics site the pop up window always tells you exactly what equipment was used to make the demo.
    Duh, how did I miss that?

Based on my experiences with Atmosphere and Trilogy and the level of support Spectrasonics provide I've ordered Stylus RMX and it will be with me tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pmwaring
    Based on my experiences with Atmosphere and Trilogy and the level of support Spectrasonics provide I've ordered Stylus RMX and it will be with me tomorrow.
    You'll enjoy that - and the training video too. That's a great video. Strange accents, but you get used to it fairly quickly.

Well I received my RMX at 9:30 this morning. I installed it, registered it and updated it to 1.5. I then downloaded all of the 1.5 videos. I then spent the next few hours watching the Video Tutorials that came in the box and the ones I'd downloaded.

I followed the videos through while experimented with RMX so I am quite confident that I understand Edit Group, Kit Mode, Slice and Groove, Chaos and all the other stuff. So tommorow I can start to use it.

I know I'm probably a little late to the party, but many thanks to Eric and Spectrasonics for another great piece of inspirational software.

Go Back to forum