• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO Gold...to Pro or not to Pro, that is the question

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSO Gold...to Pro or not to Pro, that is the question

hi

I'm an occasional user of the fantastic EWQLSO Gold.

Although only an oocasional user, I am tempted by the Pro upgrade (£400+ in UK).

And 30% discount offer ends Dec 31st...nice marketing ploy to mail me over the Xmas hols

Is this a must have or would the money be better spent on something else ?

swayzak

Re: EWQLSO Gold...to Pro or not to Pro, that is the question

Hi swayzak

I think you have the response to your question. You are an occasional user, so, maybe you don't REALLY need those extra articulations and instruments. I don't think QLegato is a breaktrough, and the EWQLSO Gold is very complete for an occasional user, and even for a serious composer (of course a lot of people will prefer other libraries like Sonic Implants and VSL). Do you feel Gold lacks something that the Pro upgrade will cover? Can't you stay without it?

I think 400 is a lot of money you could use for buying new gear (I don't know your needs, but CME has a very good MIDI master keyboard for 500€, for example)

I understand how you feel. I am like that too, and would like to have almost every library in the world, but... money is hard to earn, so I try to limit myself, and purchase only what I need, and look for the highest value for money.

-Dani-

Quote Originally Posted by ZareOne
    Hi swayzak

I think you have the response to your question. You are an occasional user, so, maybe you don't REALLY need those extra articulations and instruments. I don't think QLegato is a breaktrough, and the EWQLSO Gold is very complete for an occasional user, and even for a serious composer (of course a lot of people will prefer other libraries like Sonic Implants and VSL). Do you feel Gold lacks something that the Pro upgrade will cover? Can't you stay without it?

I think 400 is a lot of money you could use for buying new gear (I don't know your needs, but CME has a very good MIDI master keyboard for 500€, for example)

I understand how you feel. I am like that too, and would like to have almost every library in the world, but... money is hard to earn, so I try to limit myself, and purchase only what I need, and look for the highest value for money.

-Dani-
    thanx

Like alot of people on music software forums, I don't NEED most of the stuff I have.

I also own Philhamonik so the Pro might be a bit overkill...

Yeah, you're right...other, more "pressing" needs. NI's Komplete Care 2006 for instance.

It's quite useful to sit here and work out what I could buy for £400...don't need any midi hardware though.

Just looking at it by the numbers, EWQL products have a tendency to reduce in price as the years/months go by (for whatever reason), plus you can always get a better deal on them at scitscat.com. So there really isn't much of a hurry to get pro-XP absolutely right this second, and plus you seem to have a wealth of samples already. Again, most of pro-XP's 400 or 500 new articulations are just QLeg anyways, which is of questionable usefulness.
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

I agree with Will for the most part. With the other libraries that you already have, you should be fine. Save your $$. I have Gold and Gold XP. Gold is worth the $$, the XP is not - I'm not happy with my purchase - not impressed with it at all.

worth every penny.

-T

Go Back to forum