• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: So what did you get?

Share/Bookmark

So what did you get?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    What did you get? What did you get? So what did you get?

Socks? Hankies?

Re: So what did you get?

VOTA and a real violin. Both opened early.

-JF

Oooh. Which school? Which track? Willow Springs? Turn 9 is a hoot!

-JF

Nice jacket, to keep out rain and cold.
    And for myself the new Garritan Strad.
    How about yourself Paul??
    regards

Some nice clothes, a couple pair of shoes, and the movie 'Shaun of the Dead', PaulR's favorite movie 'War of the Worlds', and season 4 of 'Seinfeld'. Some other trivial stuff. I buy myself all the samples I need throughout the year so nothing on that end.

As a matter of fact I got War of the Worlds - by Jeff Wayne.

I got a double DVD about Emerson Lake and Palmer - that was interesting to see Keith Emerson then and now.

A DVD about Sid Barrett. A jumper. A triple DVD of The Ashes series from the daughter - ummm that's nice!

And lots of books.

The only thing music related I got was an upright bass . And an iPod if you count that (I can listen to my tunes on the go now...). Other than that, a new printer (old one is busted), a tool set, and a bunch of money/gift certificates. I do plan on treating myself to some new stuff sometime early this year, though I haven't quite yet decided if it's gonna be hardware or software.
    Tim

Thumbs up Re: So what did you get?

I got a Stradivarius
    Seriously, I got the Garritan Strad for Kontakt 2 - well, it was ordered Christmas Eve.
    A drummer with a Strad - scary huh?

And the wifey got me a collection of all 9 LVB symphonies by the London SO.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

My favorite gift was actually very simple: a framed copy of our first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Yea, that is the one that I was thinking of. I relate to Toyota Celicas since my Vibe GT has a Celica GTS engine in it --- 180 hp out of 1.8 liters (how do they do that!? ) , but --- woah, baby, now you can bring your own car for a much cheaper price! That's what I'm gonna do --- tear up my own car at the 8200 rpm red-line and ruin it forever! --- I just love my car (except for the 6-speed tranny, but I know how to coax it now.).

I'll bet I get the fastest lap-time in a Vibe GT ever recorded! Woohooh!

Ern
    Avesome!

I used to have a 1976 BMW 2002. I drove it twice at Willow with the local BMW club.

Get a map of the circuit. Turn 1 is a 90 degree left hander. If you can manage a four wheel drift from the apex to the edge of the track, you'll be smiling for days. Turn 2 is a right hand sweeper that you take about 1/3 of the way from the inside. Turn 3 (or is it 4?) takes a sharp left up the hill. This one is critical. Take it in to slow, and, well, you're slow. Take it in too fast, and you will need to scrub off too much speed before going up hill. Nail it and you keep your momentum to the top. Wow!

You come down the hill on to the long backstretch. Floor it. Get scared. Look at your spedometer just before you brake for the big loop. If you dare.

My 2002 only had about 100 hp, but I had wide sticky tires and a custom Bilstein suspension. I got to where I could take the loop flat out. You'll be going faster. Try holding your foot to the floor and you'll eat sand!

The final turn is a decreasing radius job. Hold it to the outside. Hold it. Hold it. There's the apex - turn in now! Do it right and you carry your momentum all the way down the front stretch and do it again.

Is your pulse racing? It will be.

One of the hardest things about driving a new track is that the ego doesn't want to go to slow, and self preservation doesn't want to go too fast. You'll feel naked out there!

Listen to the self-preservation side. All of the off track excursions came within some rookie's first four laps when I was there. (Not me. Really...) After about four laps you get the rhythm.

Stay safe and have a blast!

-JF

(PS: Tech your car before you go. Secure your lug nuts at the proper torque. Make sure that your battery is properly secured. Back then, they checked that each car had two return springs on the throttle. We also needed good fitting helmets. Beep repaired!)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast