• Register
  • Help

Topic: EXS24 piano as good as Ivory?

Share/Bookmark

EXS24 piano as good as Ivory?

Hi,

Can a EXS24 piano ever be as good as for instance Ivory or Akoustic Piano? I mean can the way that dedicated piano plugs are designed (real sympatic resonance for instance) ever exist in the EXS24 format?

I know that Sampletekk are releasing their top pianos in EXS24, but can it compete with dedicated plugs?

Re: EXS24 piano as good as Ivory?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules2000
    Hi,

Can a EXS24 piano ever be as good as for instance Ivory or Akoustic Piano? I mean can the way that dedicated piano plugs are designed (real sympatic resonance for instance) ever exist in the EXS24 format?

I know that Sampletekk are releasing their top pianos in EXS24, but can it compete with dedicated plugs?
    The best bet is to buy some of the really fine Giga versions that are out there and covert them in Logic. They by and large translate well and whether tthey are as good as Ivory or Akoustik Piano (or Artvista VGP) is a subjective call as not everybody loves those.

Personally I would never buy a piano from a company that misspells "Acoustic"
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

You may want to check out the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Grand Model 290. This piano was programmed from scratch in EXS24, in addition to being programmed from scratch in Giga 3, Kontakt/Kompakt, and HALion.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic
    Personally I would never buy a piano from a company that misspells "Acoustic"
    Well, we have a piano called "Vertikal", but then, our company is called SampleTekk.....
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Well, we have a piano called "Vertikal", but then, our company is called SampleTekk.....
    Well, Per, in your case I might make an exception
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Don't let all of the fancy terminology and hyped features of a certain product affect your purchasing decisions too much. It really just comes down to how good it sounds to your ears!

I agree with the sentiment that most of the Giga pianos translate really well to EXS24
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Go Back to forum