• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Strad help - where's my keyswitches?

Share/Bookmark

Strad help - where's my keyswitches?

Installed as described, opened in Kontact2, had to point to the IR folder and then the sample folder, but then all the samples load, but no keyswitches. The option to display them is turned on. Neither alternate-colored keys nor keyswitch options are operational. The cc's work, mod wheel and pitch, just only the one layer. What am I doing wrong?
    (sorry to be the first problem...)
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: Strad help - where's my keyswitches?

Dasher,

I'm not sure what the probelm is. First make sure you have the latest version of Kontakt 2. Perhaps the nki became corrupt somewhere along the way. Email me and I'll reply with another nki you can try.

Gary Garritan

Dasher,

Make sure you rebuild the QuickSearch database. This helps eliminate many of the missing samples issues. There's a bug in Kontakt 2 that changes file names from being '.wav' to '_wav'.

Jim

Dasher,

I believe that script-activated keyswitched are not displayed. My violin shades in blue the playing range, but does not show the keyswitches either.

However, it works.

Do the following:

Open the script window by clicking on the script button until it turns blue. You will see, on the left side, a series of labels. Default are normal, mono, spiccato attack. Now, if you press on your keyboard (or on the K2 keyboard), say, G#1, on the next note in the playing range the labels should display trillo spiccato attack. If this works, it means that the keyswitches properly work. Now try trillo by holdind a key down and rythmically press and release another key while holding down the first key. A trillo should be heard.

Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Giorgio

Thanks, folks. I'll check this out this evening when I get back from Christmas dinner.
    Dasher
    -------

I think something is corrupted - either the system, Kontakt2 or the Strad files - I've tried the above suggestions, things don't map put right, and certain keys can cause it to stop playing altogether and require a reload. I'll work on it some more before I bother Gary for a new .nki, I want to validate the source of the issue.
    Dasher
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio Tommasini
    Open the script window by clicking on the script button until it turns blue. You will see, on the left side, a series of labels. Default are normal, mono, spiccato attack. Now, if you press on your keyboard (or on the K2 keyboard), say, G#1, on the next note in the playing range the labels should display trillo spiccato attack. If this works, it means that the keyswitches properly work. Now try trillo by holdind a key down and rythmically press and release another key while holding down the first key. A trillo should be heard.
    I'm having the same problem as Dasher. I tried your solution quoted above but it didn't help. When I pressed the G#1 keyswitch, then tried to play a trill, I got a legato attack to the first trill note, then a series of spiccato attacks on the trill note (I held down the main note).

I just tried it again, watching the labels you mentioned in the script editor. The labels "Normal" and "Spiccato attack" do not change. The left window, when I try to play a trill, starts "normal", changes quickly to "legato", then when I continue with the trill the lable switches to "poly 2."

None of the keyswitches I've tried seem to have any effect.

I'm using Kontakt version 2.0.2.007. The most current version as far as I know.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Does it happen with the standalone K2?

Dasher & Dan,

In order to track the above problem, we need first to determine what is shared by the affected users.

It will be useful to get more details on both the hardware and the OS. We also need to know about the audio card and the Asio drivers, and about their setup in terms of buffer/latency.

We need to know whether the keyswitch notes actually reach K2. This can be easily verified by detecting whether the keyswitch notes played on the master keyboard or sent by the sequencer are mirrored on the K2 keyboard.

BTW, does Stefano's midi sequence activate the different patches?

Thanks for cooperation.

Giorgio

I had only tried it in standalone mode. I just tried it as a plug-in in Sonar.

Opening it in Kontakt 2 as a VST in Sonar 5 has the same problem as the standalone.

I also tried it as a DXI plug-in, and got no sound at all. On a hunch, I tried clicking on "bypass" in the script editor, and got sound which I assume was all layers playing back simultaneously. When I clicked "bypass" back off, I got no sound (this only happens in DXI).

I'm using Windows XP Home edition. My computer is a Sweetwater Creation Station Pro, 3.2 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM. Audio interface is a Tascam US-122 USB interface using ASIO drivers. I've tried various latency settings with no effect.

I have to go out now, but I'll try Fabio's MIDI sequence later and see what happens.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum