• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stradivari demo - Abundant techniques by Stefano

Share/Bookmark

Stradivari demo - Abundant techniques by Stefano

Here is an excellent demo by Stefano Lucato that shows a wide variety of techniques and articulations:

http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Strad-byStefano.mp3

Stefano has also shared the midi file for those who want to play this piece on their Strad.

http://www.garritan.com/Strad/Strad-byStefano.mid

Thanks Stefano!

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: Stradivari demo - Abundant techniques by Stefano

Hey G! The link won't work...
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Woops - space in URL. Try now.

Thumbs up Re: Stradivari demo - Abundant techniques by Stefano

THANKS STEFANO!

Excellent work! (...as usual...;-)

This is the best, more human, more natural sounding sampled violin I've ever heard.... Damn... can't wait for mine to arrive!!!!

Btw, Merry Xmas!!

There's no doubt about it......this does sound very very very much like a violin! This is a gorgeous demonstration of the variety of techniques and is nice anyway . These days I'm not hearing the dreaded mouthorgan sound which put me off in the early video demo.

I can't buy everything but this is definitely going on my 'one day' list .........

Frank

Very impressive. Beautiful, expressive, scarily real-like. Sure, it's not perfect (so the Strad team will still be employed for awhile ...), but wow ...

GPO brought in so many users (like me) that will really benefit from this kind of mid file demos. Please do a lot more. Someone should go thru the standard repertoire and list some of the most common passages that need a demo like this: mid file plus mp3 for study. I cannot overstate this enough.

YBaCuO

Great! Thank you!

MIDI files are perhaps the best instructional methods available for products like the Strad since you can see all the midi controller data that is integral in making the strad come to life.

Thanks to all involved!

This is good but I have noticed two points which "give it away" to my ears :

- it's too "in tune". Real violinists use unequal temperaments very effectively. I am sure some subtle pitchbend data to detune certain notes could put this right. I am sure it would really improve the demo.

- The trills sound a bit keyboard-ish to my ears. Is this down to the sampling of the attack? I'm wondering if they would sound more real using a square wave pitchbend. This would have to be sequenced in manually though.

Nonetheless a beautiful rendition - well done ! And thanks !

Go Back to forum