• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Best Saxophones Library

Share/Bookmark

Best Saxophones Library

hi guys.......i need to buy a sax library ...but i don't know what to choose..i think vsl saxophones is great but there are only 2 of the 4 used with the orchestra...someone can help me? tnx

Re: Best Saxophones Library

If you do a forum search you'll find a number of discussions about this. Here's one recent thread:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=39368

/Yoss

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

hmmmmm...ya, they all suck...consider yourself helped!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

aLfR3dd,

Make sure you buckle up before driving into that link!

At the Cakewalk site, they have some short demo sounds for their new Dimension Pro softsynth here: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/DimensionPro/

I found the two sax sounds to have a surpisingly appealing tone, with a sort of rough-edged warmth you don't usually find in a sax sample. To my ears, at least, it's worth looking into.

I'm also very impressed with Chris Hein's set, but it's too rich for my blood right now.

The VSL saxophone demos, they don't sound that bad to me. Christ Hin horns is also quet convincing.

I think if you were to get both, you coul probebly make some impressive stuff, i don't care what they say. Also, i'm pretty shure VSL will do the other 2 sax eventualy(not shure).

He! Body, i received my Opus 1+2, yesterday, Ha! ha!, i got it first!
    Let me know when you get yours.

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    The VSL saxophone demos, they don't sound that bad to me. Christ Hin horns is also quet convincing.

I think if you were to get both, you coul probebly make some impressive stuff, i don't care what they say. Also, i'm pretty shure VSL will do the other 2 sax eventualy(not shure).

He! Body, i received my Opus 1+2, yesterday, Ha! ha!, i got it first!
    Let me know when you get yours.

hi geronimo !!! ok i ll let u know ...i ll order next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar
    aLfR3dd,

Make sure you buckle up before driving into that link!

At the Cakewalk site, they have some short demo sounds for their new Dimension Pro softsynth here: http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/DimensionPro/

I found the two sax sounds to have a surpisingly appealing tone, with a sort of rough-edged warmth you don't usually find in a sax sample. To my ears, at least, it's worth looking into.

I'm also very impressed with Chris Hein's set, but it's too rich for my blood right now.
    I agree - I thought the tone on those samples was pretty decent considering (although a little breathy - not all saxophones need be breathy ).

The transitions - portamento/attack/legato - are where the limitation of the samples become obvious. Might sound good with a ton of reverb.

VSL is my vote for 'real' saxes. Although it doesn't contain any baritone sax, not sure about alto. Short of that, I think good old QL brass still provides the most extensive and useful resources for saxes out there.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Bigga Giggas - John Revekics Saxophone Library... I love this lib for saxes... The saxes all have great tones.
    The guy that did the sessions credits include "The bold and the beautiful" theme.

I also have the VSL Saxophones Vol. 1 but prefer the Bigga Giggas because it has more "edge" whereas the VSL has a smoother tone that would suit a more classical context.

FYI - VSL are due to release the other two saxes (alto and baritone) as part of a set of four, with the original saxes vol 1 reprogrammed as part of a custom VI (ie not kontakt or whatever).

Hope this helps,

Ben H

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast