• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Christmas Album in New York Times

Share/Bookmark

GPO Christmas Album in New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/technology/po...sts/index.html

David Pogue, tech writer for the New York Times, has plugged A Garritan Personal Orchestra Christmas 2005 on his blog page, above.

Here is the quote:

12.21 05:40 PM
    Sample Sale
    By DAVID POGUE
    Garritan <http://garritan.com/Xmas.html> is a company that sells samples (that is, high-quality instrument sounds for professional music synthesizers). It's come up with a truly ingenious way to promote their flexibility: a set of Christmas-carol arrangements -- not 30-second previews, but an entire playlist of full MP3 songs--created by Garritan customers and posted online for everyone to play, download and enjoy. That's what I call win-win marketing.

Thumbs up Re: GPO Christmas Album in New York Times

That is SO cool! Wow, this has come a long way since the original suggestion! Way too cool!
    Styxx

Re: GPO Christmas Album in New York Times

I missed another one. Sonic State has run the press release for GPO Christmas 2005 since December 16.

http://sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=2489

And as I mentioned earlier, it was also run at Harmony-Central.com.

"Garritan User Community Offers Free Christmas Album for Download"

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...day-Album.html

Unbelievable! Everyone involved making this awesome CD should be absolutely proud. Give yourselves all a pat on the back you guys are truly the best!
    I play mine at work and at home and even though I know how it was accomplished, your efforts and purest talents made it so perfect!
    Nice! Very, very, nice indeed! Ho Ho Ho~!
    Styxx

I received a phone call by MIDIWare, one of most important musical software distributors in Italy asking me the permission (to make it more interesting for Italian customers...) of talking about the "Italian one" in the nice set of arrangers/songs of the Garritan Christmas CD 2005, in the December Newsletter.

The nice initiative and the good quality of all the pieces is actracting appreciation and interest worldwide, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    I received a phone call by MIDIWare, one of most important musical software distributors in Italy asking me the permission (to make it more interesting for Italian customers...) of talking about the "Italian one" in the nice set of arrangers/songs of the Garritan Christmas CD 2005, in the December Newsletter.

The nice initiative and the good quality of all the pieces is actracting appreciation and interest worldwide, IMO.
    Fabio, be sure to tell them about your friend Aziraphal next door in Slovenia, and his piece “Zveličar nam je rojen zdaj”. (“Now A Savior Is Born Unto Us”. Matej Hrovat.)

That's excellent Fabio, best of luck.

Eric

That was a nice mention! This New York Times Tech blog must be a very popular as my server has been on overload. And I have been receiving receiving many positive emails about the Christmas CD.

Thanks to David Pogue for mentioning the GPO Christmas Album and giving credit to the customers. I am so proud of the work that everyone involved with the Christmas album has accomplished. You've brought yuletime cheer to many! Thanks very much to Wheat. And welcome all new readers and members!

Merry Christmas!

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum