• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Orchestral Strings NS Forum Clearance Sale

Share/Bookmark

Orchestral Strings NS Forum Clearance Sale

We are offering a Forum Sale for the Garritan Orchestral Strings library. GOS for GigaStudio is being discontinued and we are selling remaining inventory.

This sale would be for the complete GOS library - 3 DVDs, 150 page manual, 10GB of samples. The price of $199 and will only be available to forum members. Although written for GigaStudio 160, some use this library in EXS24, Halion, Kontakt and other versions of Giga (but you may not get full functionality). The Garritan Orchestral Strings for GigaStudio library is now only $199! This classic originally sold for $1,000.

Garritan Orchestral Strings remains the highest quality/most valuable collection of instruments ever recorded - over $10 Million worth of stringed instruments including Stradivaris, Guarneris, Montagnanas, Gaglianos, Vuillaume Calcanius, and many rare and exquisite Instruments

GOS: A Library of Many Firsts

Garritan Orchestral Strings was a library of many firsts and introduced many innovations to the sample world. According to Sound on Sound, "It was Mr. Garritan himself who started the trend for large orchestral libraries - his Orchestral Strings". GOS was the first to include MIDI performance tools with a sample library and introduced the concept (the groundbreaking MaestroTools with Alternation/Legato/Variability - well before iMIDI, VSL performance tools, Qlegato or Kontakt scripting) AFAIK GOS was the first commercial library to do Mod Wheel volume for continuous crossfades, and vibrato control, variability and various other controls. It was the first library to include hall impulses as well as ambient noises, the first orchestral library to have release triggers. First sample library to provide both separate 1st and 2nd violins as well as Alternative Takes, Bowings, & Finger Positions (sul G/D). The first to have a beta program and the first orchestral library to have a dedicated forum (Northern Sounds 2001) and the first to offer free upgrades (hard copies). GOS was so innovative that it was the first sample library ever to win the Electronic Musician Editor's Choice award and even created the sample library category for that award.

What's Next & Upgradeability

Although GOS is being discontinued for the GigaStudio platform, it will take on a new life in future virtual instruments. Much of GOS will be integrated in the GPO Advanced library.

Just as GOS introduced many firsts in the sampling world, I expect our future libraries will again rewrite the rules and reshape the world of sampling and virtual instrumentation.

GOS buyers will be able to upgrade to GPO Advanced when it becomes available (sometime on 2006) at a reduced price.

Only Northern Sounds members in good standing will be able to take advantage of this opportunity. Please indicate your user name to be eligible. If you are not a member you can register here.
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/register.php? Due to the holidays and trade shows, please allow up to 4 weeks shipping.

To take advantage of this special offer, please go to our GPO Northern Sounds order page here: http://garritan.com/GOSorder.html

Gary Garritan

Re: Orchestral Strings NS Forum Clearance Sale

Thanks so much Gary!! This is great!!! I do have 1 question though...

How much functionality will I lose if I use it through Kontakt? Will it be mostly intact?

Thanks Sooooooooooooooo much!!

Steph

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    Thanks so much Gary!! This is great!!! I do have 1 question though...

How much functionality will I lose if I use it through Kontakt? Will it be mostly intact?

Thanks Sooooooooooooooo much!!

Steph
    What she said!!!

I'm interested in the answer to this question about use under Kontakt 2 as well...
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

You guys are nuts if you pass that up. I felt no pain paying $600 for it. At that price even when GPOA comes out there will probably still be some nice things in GOS that aren't reproduced that would be worth having.

Thumbs up Re: Orchestral Strings NS Forum Clearance Sale

Owning any one or all of Garritan libraries .... priceless!
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Orchestral Strings NS Forum Clearance Sale

What a pleasant surprise for the holidays!
    I'll probably place my order later today.
    This almost makes up for the fact that I can't use the first incarnation of the Strad.

I just wanted to point out that it seems the detailed articulations list page for GOS is not working?

I would like to third the question about using GOS in Kontakt 2.

As far as I know, the MaestroTools will need to operate separately as a stand-alone program. This will not pose a problem if using GOS in Kontakt as a stand-alone. You would import it into Kontakt as you would any other Giga library. If you are using Kontakt as a plugin (VST/DX/AudioUnits?RTAS) then it's difficult to insert the performace tools that MaestroTools does into the chain. There are workarounds and perhaps a Kontakt script can be written at some point.

Gary Garritan

Boy this sure is tempting, but I'm wondering if I should just wait on GPOA since I'm a little frightened of the K2 conversion.

The design and layout of GOS is phenominal. The sound is excellent.

click on Adagio For Strings below,...it is all GOS with one solo violin from GPO for sweetening/peaking through in certain passages.

Dan

Go Back to forum