• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: STRADIVARI SOLO VIOLIN Now Shipping!

Share/Bookmark

STRADIVARI SOLO VIOLIN Now Shipping!

As some of you have found out when the FedEx person showed up today, the Stradivari Solo Violin started shipping. All pre-orders have shipped. And just in time for the holidays!

Stradivari Solo Violin is now shipping in Kontakt 2 format and the Kontakt 2 Player version is planned to be released as soon as Native Instruments makes the player available.

The Stradivari Solo Violin represents a breakthrough in virtual instrumentation. The Stradivrari Solo Violin was designed to be playable in real-time, on one track and in one patch. No need to stitch together samples or search for articulations. Developed by Giorgio Tommasini, Stefano Lucato and Gary Garritan, this instrument uses exclusive "Sonic Morphing" technology. Morphing describes what can be seen in motion pictures where there is a gradual transformation from one image into another. This basic concept has been applied to sound samples allowing sound samples to morph into each other to provide expressive performance. This allows unlimited gradients of sound (rather than static snapshot samples) and allows for expressive performances.

There are a number of mp3 demos on our site - http://www.garritan.com/stradivari.html.
    More demos will be posted soon.

Merry Christmas

Gary Garritan

Re: STRADIVARI SOLO VIOLIN Now Shipping!

OH MAN! My turn to get out the plastic!
    Styxx

Oh my oh my, Strad already! How awesome. Looks like I'll be ordering something extra alongside the Kontakt 2 upgrade next week

Sampling just evolved to an entirely new level folks, viva la revolution!

Congrats, Gary!
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Gary,
    The videos on your site are excellent but unfortunately download too slow to stream (even on my DSL trying to use the smallest video).
    But I downloaded the whole video and its really a great little tutorial on the violin!
    thanks

Thumbs up Re: STRADIVARI SOLO VIOLIN Now Shipping!

YEAY!!!!

Wifey is getting me this for Xmas!!!! (but I have to wait until after Xmas so she can place the order ) I can't wait! A drummer with a Strad - oh well, at least Styxx will have one too. Kinda like givin' two babies an AK-47? - We'll sure knock somthin' down with that!

"I have one of those" - Styxx in chat, about a year ago, discussing Stradavarius violins.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
    Stradivari Solo Violin is now shipping in Kontakt 2 format and the Kontakt 2 Player version is planned to be released as soon as Native Instruments makes the player available.
    Hi Gary,

Congrats on the release! I guess I wasn't aware that this was going to be offered as a Kontakt Player as well. Will library owners be offered a crossgrade to the player?

Thanks, Regards,
    Kevin L.

Those demos sound absolutely incredible.

I'd love to hear some demos of something "not-so-tonal". Berg Violin Concerto perhaps?

Mine arrived today! Completely unexpected so soon, even with gary's ship announcement, I figured US mail, but FedEx to the door. Wow!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the Garritan crew (and forum members.)\
    BTW Gary, page 7 of the manual states the package includes '1 CD Disc containing...' when of course it should read '1 DVD Disc containing...'
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum