• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Drumkit From Hell Superior question

Share/Bookmark

Question Drumkit From Hell Superior question

I can't seem to figure out if I'll need any softsampler to run Drumkit From Hell Superior. On the soundsonline-site it doesn't say anything about format or "no sampler required"...

It does say that you'll need a sequencer or a virtual instrument host (isn't that what a softsampler is?) My sequencer is Sonar 4.

So does DHF Superior come as a virtual instrument or not?

Re: Drumkit From Hell Superior question

It has its own VST player. You supply the host (Sonar 4 in this case)

I believe it also works in rewire mode.

fizbin

Thanks,
    Another question though; are there any places I can see screenshots of the included vst-player - just to get an idea of how it would be to edit drumkits.

Does it come with preset drumkits (like GM-mapped for instance) or do you have to build your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar
    Thanks,
    Another question though; are there any places I can see screenshots of the included vst-player - just to get an idea of how it would be to edit drumkits.

Does it come with preset drumkits (like GM-mapped for instance) or do you have to build your own?
    There might be screenshots on Toontrack's website.

Superior does have preloaded kits, in different configurations. It wil do GM (in fact, this support was improved in a new update released just 2 days ago) but for best results you have to use their proprietary mappings to get to all the various sounds and articuliations. Almost all 88 keys can get used.

Setting up a custom kit is incredibly easy. There is a setup page with a slot for each instrument (kick, snare, cymbals, etc.) You just select your kick beater type, sticks, brushes or rods and snare wires on/off from drop down menus. Then, for each instrument you selct the drum/cymbal you prefer from a list. It's completely intuitive. Or, you can use a predefined kit- I think there are about 6. But you'll want to customize- that's the beauty of the package.

You can also map all the sounds to the keyboard anyway you like.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    There might be screenshots on Toontrack's website.

Superior does have preloaded kits, in different configurations. It wil do GM (in fact, this support was improved in a new update released just 2 days ago) but for best results you have to use their proprietary mappings to get to all the various sounds and articuliations. Almost all 88 keys can get used.

Setting up a custom kit is incredibly easy. There is a setup page with a slot for each instrument (kick, snare, cymbals, etc.) You just select your kick beater type, sticks, brushes or rods and snare wires on/off from drop down menus. Then, for each instrument you selct the drum/cymbal you prefer from a list. It's completely intuitive. Or, you can use a predefined kit- I think there are about 6. But you'll want to customize- that's the beauty of the package.

You can also map all the sounds to the keyboard anyway you like.
    Thanks for the information!

I guess I'll have to buy it anytime soon. The DFH-demos sounds great! Very realistic/dynamic drumsounds...

I have dfh superior that's unregistered that I'll be Ebaying soon....I just bought it, installed it then uninstalled it because it's just not for me....I don't like how you have to keep playing the sounds when you first load them to hear them and besides that it slows down my PC considerably JUST for drums....They do sound good but I decided to go with the Sonik Capsule Studio Drums instead, plus I already have some nice kits in Sampletank 2 and Sonik Synth 2...They aren't as expressive as DFH but the upside is I can also run lot's of other instruments besides drums....DFH is just not my cup of tea....Hope this helps....

I have DFH Superior Custom & Vintage and yea is simply the best! I deffinitly recommend DFH Superior!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

One of the vendors has DFH Superior on sale during it's December sale. It's an excellent deal.

I wasn't really in the market for drums but I picked them up anyway (couldn't resist the price). Now I use them for everything.

Excellent product.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar
    Thanks,
    If I'm not mistaken, the DFH flash tutorial shows good examples of what the interface looks like, and how it works:

http://www.toontrack.com/demos.shtml

/Daniel Beckman

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmusic
    I don't like how you have to keep playing the sounds when you first load them to hear them and besides that it slows down my PC considerably JUST for drums....
    Just a note- you don't have to use that cache mode unless you don't have a lot of memory, and the previous update introduced a compression feature that drastically reduces the amount of memory needed to load a kit- most kits will fit well in a Gb of RAM, even less if you go 16-bit. BUT- if your processor is already maxing out adding the TPC compression on top will probably not be a good thing. Just a FYI.

Go Back to forum