• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need something like Stormdrum, but...

Share/Bookmark

Need something like Stormdrum, but...

... I would really like it to be in the exceptional RMX module. Short of a new Sage release (which I am certain Eric will not announce until it is practically ready for release) - what are the opinions of this library. It has been out a while - perhaps a tad long in the tooth?

I would appreciate some users' opinions. Have a film coming up that needs something like this and the material in RMX is just not ballsy enough (otherwise I love RMX and use it often).

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Need something like Stormdrum, but...

Try running some of the Big Boomers - or really anything else in RMX - through the compressor in there with a fast attack and release, Rob. Then slap on the Flame Distortion. Cajones.

Also, you have VSL don't you? Did you download the taikos last Christmas? If you treat the lower ones the same way, use the louder dynamic layers eq-ed to make them brighter, it'll be plenty ballsy.

You also need a big reverb, of course.

Actually, the Big Boomers are already processed if I remember right. (My FW drive with that stuff on it is disconnected this second so I can't check.)

But the rest stands. Any drum treated that way will have all the testosterone you need.

Rob,

I really recommend you this VI. RMX it's amazing!!! Not only for its library but its import capabilities! Importing specific Rex libraries into it make us the world of drum sequencing easier! Trick and mix several kind of loops in minutes...

I also own EW Stormdrums, and... I love it too.. but they are quite different things.
    Stormdrum gives you two kind of sounds: great loops (mainly made for soundtracks), and Sounds to use as part of the "modern film's soundtracks".

So, if you are looking for a relevant drum section to your soundtrack, I'd use Stormdrum for an inspired starting loop and some concrete effects + RMX to create all the drum passages.

And remember that you could use SAM Truestrike to add another great orchestra hits and effects (it sounds pretty BIG ).

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Try running some of the Big Boomers - or really anything else in RMX - through the compressor in there with a fast attack and release, Rob. Then slap on the Flame Distortion. Cajones.

Also, you have VSL don't you? Did you download the taikos last Christmas? If you treat the lower ones the same way, use the louder dynamic layers eq-ed to make them brighter, it'll be plenty ballsy.

You also need a big reverb, of course.

Thanks Ensensia - yes I have RMX and love it.

Nick - this is a good idea for just any drums - squash it and then process (Flame dist, etc.)

Many thanks.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

An FX plug-in in Stylus RMX. It's wonderfully nasty.

Go Back to forum