• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aside from Stylus RMX...

Share/Bookmark

Question Aside from Stylus RMX...

OK, I'm still helping my buddy put together his first fully "in the box" system. So...Aside from Stylus RMX plus the BackBeat and Liquid Groove expanders (which are already on the short list), which VIs would y'all recommend for acoustic drum loops and programming (on the mellower side of things...).

Anyone? Thanks!

Re: Aside from Stylus RMX...

Scarbee drums are great for contemporary type tracks.
    But I end up using the kicks,snares and cymbals out of Liquid Grooves and Backbeat more than anything.
    DFH is heavier sounding but really good.

Really anything other than RMX,BB,LG should be just sampler food.(some perc libs etc). No need for anyother VSTi's
    Those libs are my favs.

Geez, I feel like I'm on a ad campagin for Thomas. I think I've talked about the XL drums on every forum now. Anywho...I'm thrilled with the XL Drums from Scarbee. They feel right to me.You can totally connect with the kit. I've got all the "three letter libs" and like XL the best. I think with RMX and XL you'd be really happy.

You've presumably checked out the Metamorphosis exapnder for RMX.

Quote Originally Posted by ed hamilton

Really anything other than RMX,BB,LG should be just sampler food.(some perc libs etc). No need for anyother VSTi's
    Those libs are my favs.
    Mine too. But since my friend is rather old school, I'd like to present him with a nice palette of options...

And Paul: Actually, I think Metamorphosis was the first library I ever purchased, many thousands of dollars ago.

Hey,

Sure I'm biased, but check out BFD at our site too for acoustic drums which covers the mellow side imho and then some. There's some audio demos on our site and a possible up and coming software demo . Check it out .

Cheers,
    Johnny - FXpansion Audio
    www.fxpansion.com

Go Back to forum