• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: choir sample suggestions?

Share/Bookmark

choir sample suggestions?

I've had GS3 for a few weeks now and have been soaking up as much info as I can. I was looking for some nice choir samples yesterday and found several. I found the EWQL symphony Choir to be by far the best. Sooo sweet!! Is there any choir sample that offers anything like EWQL for less than $995. As usual, the old adage seems to apply. "You get what you pay for".

I should add I'm not looking for the "Voices of the Apocalypse" sound. More the beautiful sound.

Re: choir sample suggestions?

There's also Symphony of voices... Those are a nice sound... And an older library, which people speak well of still, is the peter siedlaczek choir, which supposedly also has the capacity to sing words to a degree...

EWQL also sells their older lib, Voices of the Apocalypse (VOTA) for much less. I recently picked it up at a sale price. It runs on GS3.

There is also Symphony of Voices (SOV), which is very well regarded, and is said to have a wider range of uses than VOTA, which is very Wagneresque.

Another fine lib is Bela D. Media's Giovani, which is a children's choir. This has been on my "want" list for some time. There are many places where a full choir can be a bit much, but a soft childrens choir can lay right in.

There have been many posts on these libs. Do some searches and you'll get lots of info.

The good news is that all of the libs mentioned are excellent. They target various styles, but all are very well regarded and used regularly by people on this forum.

-JF

Hi commalot!
    Don't forget Bela D voices library. Gio is amazing for a really low cost. And sincerelly I don´t like EWQLSC, too robotic...I am waiting for VOCI the full choir sample library from Bela D. For me the best vocal sample library developers without doubt...and a low cost.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

Thanks for the quick replys. I checked out SOV. Really nice. I realized something about my music hobby. I will compromise in many areas of my life. I could care less what car I drive or fashionable clothing or even if I live in the "better" side of town. But when it comes to music I just can't bring myself to compromise. I've got to have the best sounds I can get.
    I'm going to save a little longer and get EWQLSC.

I'll have to echo some of the sentiments posted here already.

If you're focusing on Giga libraries...

Giovani is an excellent library. It really hit on a segment of the market untapped by other products, focusing on the beauty of child voices in an exclusive manner. You are already a Giga 3 user and it works well on that platform. I have the Kontakt version and absolutely love it. It would incorporate easily into your workflow.

The Vocal Utility is a snap to use and allows the user to create some custom phrases. The legato is superb. For ethereal beauty, it stands apart. I'd pick this up no matter what other choir products you may own or may buy. I'm eagerly awaiting the solo set.

I don't have SOV but from the shear lasting value of this set of samples, it has to be doing something right. VOTA is also a good option as it offers some control of phrasing like Giovani. Its been around a while too, but offers another sound different from either SOV or Giovani.

Basically, its another one of those 'you can never have enough samples' situations. They all offer something different and unique.

Post Re: choir sample suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by commalot
    I've had GS3 for a few weeks now and have been soaking up as much info as I can. I was looking for some nice choir samples yesterday and found several. I found the EWQL symphony Choir to be by far the best. Sooo sweet!! Is there any choir sample that offers anything like EWQL for less than $995. As usual, the old adage seems to apply. "You get what you pay for".

I should add I'm not looking for the "Voices of the Apocalypse" sound. More the beautiful sound.
    Hello,

I also recommend you take a look at Bela D Media's Giovani children's choir library. It has the "beautiful" sound you mentioned and offers very comprehensive features including "vocal control." It is also the only library to offer both boys and girls choirs and has them in small and large ensembles.

Best,

Kaveh

www.kavehcohen.com

I don’t know anything about SOV so I can’t comment on that. I do own EWSC and I am very happy with it but I also wish to join with those here who have recommended Giovani (which is on my Christmas list ). With regard to price point, Giovani costs less money, but I would say that it is at least in the same class as the EW choir in terms of quality. Even if money is no issue then either of these would be a good choice. They are different libraries so you have to decide what type of sound you like and need the most.Make sure and check out all the demos, but I would also consider ease of use as well.

Best,
    …2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

I did go back to Bela D's web site and listened to all the demos. It is more versatile than I first thought when breifly looking at it a few says ago. And the quality is tops. And yes, price is an issue.
    I also went to Kaveh's website. Man, is he good or what!!

Thumbs up Re: choir sample suggestions?

Thank you all for the kind words about Giovani. It means a great deal.

If money is an issue, SOV covers the most ground for a reasonable budget.
    If money is not an issue, buy them all!

VOTA, EWQLSC, SOV, Giovani -
    each library has it's purpose and will find a good home in your music.

More about Giovani

First choir set dedicated to the children's choir.
    First choir set to offer chamber and ensemble voices.
    First to recognize and sample a Girl's choir.

Giovani has be rewarded a 5 star rating from Sound on Sound magazine.

SOS Quote

"So how does it sound? In a word, natural. It's not clinical, it's not hyper-accurate, but it is, above all, moving. Considered use of the close and ambient patches can have shivers running down your spine with a single note. Never have I heard as much emotion from a choir that I wasn't conducting live myself! Whether soaring above an orchestra or blending into the background, the voices exude pathos"

Full Review

http://www.beladmedia.com/reviews.htm

Francis A. Belardino
    CEO/Producer

Go Back to forum