• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone know what piano synth Jackson Browne plays on the "Solo Acoustic" Album

Share/Bookmark

Anyone know what piano synth Jackson Browne plays on the "Solo Acoustic" Album

On the album cover, it looks a little like a Yamaha P-80. In any case, he gets a decent sound out of it. Sounded much better than the P-80's I heard in music stores. He doesn't seem to have much verb on it, and he's able to make it sound convincingly real, although the treble dies a little fast.

Re: Anyone know what piano synth Jackson Browne plays on the "Solo Acoustic" Album

The P-80 is a brilliant live instrument - its really light yet the sounds are wonderful and so is the action. I agree the notes do not sustain as much as I would like them to, but I actually end up recording both audio and midi and, sometimes, I prefer the audio from the P-80 to some of the fancy piano sample libraries I have!!!

Re: Anyone know what piano synth Jackson Browne plays on the "Solo Acoustic" Album

(But is the P-80 what he's playing?)

It occurs to me that no one on the forum may care much what Jackson Browne plays, since so many people are dong mainly classical pieces and film scores. It's really too bad, since so many of the singer\songwriters use the piano in an exposed setting--Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Browne, though people may have less respect for him because the Eagles played his stuff. He jokes about this connection on this solo acoustic album, saying that people sometimes ask him to sing "Peaceful Easy Feeling," as though he had written it or ever sung it on an album. I still have a lot of respect for the entire "For Everyman" album. Such a clean, warm album,with all of the instruments so well defined. And Lindley cooks.

Strangest thing I learned from listening to the acoustic tour album (the first in a planned series of concert albums from a recent tour): Browne played electric guitar on Nico's album. Jackson Browne and Andy Warhol in the same room together? Apparently. And the song was Browne's "These Days."

I'm not sure what he's playing on it, but it is a great cd. Terrific songwriter and one of my heroes for over 30 years. My fav on it: Fountain of Sorrow.

Well, if you google "Jackson Browne yamaha p-80", you get:

"Jackson Browne recently hit the road accompanied by nothing more than 10 guitars and a Yamaha P-80 electric piano." - http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl..._1/ai_90902614

I like the "nothing more than 10 guitars" - TEN!!! OK compared with the Edge's 21 guitars on tour, nothing, but U2 are a different kinda act...

Thanks for doing the search I should have done. Doing another search, I found this promo link that plays the first full minute or so of all the songs:

http://www.jacksonbrowne.com/

A great marketing\promo site for an album, yes? Someone did a damned good job.

Go Back to forum