• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Best live digital piano which one?

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Best live digital piano which one?

Hello, since a lot digital piano's are sampled piano's too i wanted to put the question in this forum. I'm looking for a digital piano which has a similar or even better sound than the close miked Yamaha C7 from Sampletekk or Vintaudio.

Another thing is ofcourse the weighted action. Semi weighted is also an option so i can use the keyboard also for playing synths. My eyes felt on the clavia stage piano/synth but it has a grand price of around 3000 Euro!

I'm travlelling so much now that i need a good solid piano for gigging, hope some have good suggestions here which can help me too choose out of a huge offer of different piano's out there!

Re: Best live digital piano which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    Hello, since a lot digital piano's are sampled piano's too i wanted to put the question in this forum. I'm looking for a digital piano which has a similar or even better sound than the close miked Yamaha C7 from sampletekk.

Another thing is ofcourse the weighted action. Semi weighted is also an option so i can use the keyboard also for playing synths. My eyes felt on the clavia satge piano/synth but it has a grand price of around 3000 Euro!

I'm travlelling so much now that i need a good solid piano for gigging, hope some have good suggestions here which can help me too choose out of a huge offer of different piano's out there!

Hi.

Glad that you use the TBO as a reference! Clavia uses our samples in their Nord series.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Hi.

Glad that you use the TBO as a reference! Clavia uses our samples in their Nord series.
    Yes indeed- I'm a huge Nord supporter and the new Stage Piano combines that excellent piano with the best Hammond sim in the biz and other classic sounds too. Pretty hard to beat!

Why don't you use a masterkeyboard plus laptop combination? This way, you can combine the action that you like with the sound that you like, for less than 3000 €.

If you like full-weighted actions: I've been gigging with Doepfer keyboards for several years now. They are rock solid and don't need an extra case, something that I really appreciate.

Newest Roland stage piano are also very good (RD700SX). Pianos sounds are far better than the previous series (but it's more "Steinway like" than C7).
    They are quite indestructible.
    If you are fond of electric pianos, the Clavia is the way to go, but if you are mainly looking for a great piano keyboard action with good acoustic piano sound, consider the Roland too.

Regarding the weighted action question, A choice could be to have a full weighted digital piano, plus an alternate cheap&light controler for playing anything but pianos...

Quote Originally Posted by Mahal
    Why don't you use a masterkeyboard plus laptop combination? This way, you can combine the action that you like with the sound that you like, for less than 3000 €.

If you like full-weighted actions: I've been gigging with Doepfer keyboards for several years now. They are rock solid and don't need an extra case, something that I really appreciate.
    I have found that there is no real good midicontroller with nice weighted action. (but will consider doepfer i did now of that synth manaufacturer making controllers) I do have a Fatar Studiologic 880 SL now but am not impressed, the keys are so heavy and they move deep. That is another reason for me togo for a digital piano. Also the Vintaudio library i have tweaked it for weeks in order to get the sound i was looking for. Together with a aural exciter i have the sound which i like. But i will not bring my whole studio to the stage! I am hoping that with a good piano i don't need to improve the sound anymore, and that i get a realistic and warm sound straight out of it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Maybe there is only one way buy a real piano! Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    Newest Roland stage piano are also very good (RD700SX). Pianos sounds are far better than the previous series (but it's more "Steinway like" than C7).
    They are quite indestructible.
    If you are fond of electric pianos, the Clavia is the way to go, but if you are mainly looking for a great piano keyboard action with good acoustic piano sound, consider the Roland too.They have a new Stage machine with Samples from Sampletekk!

Regarding the weighted action question, A choice could be to have a full weighted digital piano, plus an alternate cheap&light controler for playing anything but pianos...
    Yes my eyes catched also Roland RD700SX. I will try both the piano's tommorrow in the local musicshop. How are the keys action?

By the way thanks for your replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Resident
    Yes my eyes catched also Roland RD700SX. I will try both the piano's tommorrow in the local musicshop. How are the keys action?
    RD700SX has progressive hammer action keyboard. One of the best from a pianist perspective (IMO). Clavia is lighter (Fatar keyboard I think).

Yes, with Roland you can't go wrong.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast