• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: No Trumpet Christmas?

Share/Bookmark

Talking No Trumpet Christmas?

Some of you have probably heard a Tuba Christmas performance - they occur in many cities every year around this time. In San Jose, we have an annual San Jose Saxophone Christmas (this year around 225 saxes, plus two sarrusophones and a tubax). For those who aren't aquainted with the phenomenon, imagine 100+ instruments, all tubas (or all saxophones, etc.) playing Christmas carols arranged for the large group.

Why are there no annual ____________ Christmases for other instruments? There may be one for flutes, and its just that nobody's noticed it yet.

As for trumpets, I think there is an obvious problem. Listen

http://www.contrabass.com/sounds/TptXmas.mp3

(Note: I didn't create this file, just passing it along)

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Re: No Trumpet Christmas?

Niagara Falls. Slowly I turned—inch by inch, step by step …!!!!

Bosco Adama

I've heard a harp ensemble perform Christmas songs. It was a little less raucus than the trumpets. I have even heard a tuba ensemble. But this trumpet ensemble is litereally a scream.

Anyone want to do a JABB mockup of this trumpet Christmas and submit it to the Worst Demo Ever Concert?

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Anyone want to do a JABB mockup of this trumpet Christmas and submit it to the Worst Demo Ever Concert?
    I daren't - Tom would bever forgive me for abusing his screaming trumpet samples.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

That was... painful.
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator
    http://FosterPayne.com/default.aspx

I had thought that samples were just as good as real instruments for making bad music. I stand corrected.

You guys can't fool me, those are out takes from Tom's JABB recording session!

Thanks for sharing this beautiful Christmas music!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    I daren't - Tom would bever forgive me for abusing his screaming trumpet samples.
    Oh, go ahead. You could never sound more obnoxious than these guys no matter how you abused the samples - or, . . . maybe you could!

Tom

ha ha ha ha

Ouch.

I would have said less, but apparantly brevity is no longer a virtue.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum