• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Sibelius Edition/crossgrade now available

Share/Bookmark

GPO Sibelius Edition/crossgrade now available

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that GPO Sibelius Edition is now released. Shipping has started in the UK, the US production is a little behind because of the season, but shipping will commence mid-next-week.

However, most of you here will want to know about the crossgrade for existing GPO users, which is available by download from

http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo...rossgrade.html

for USD 49

Please check the system requirements before you go ahead: also make sure you read and understand the installation instructions (which explain how to move the GPO sample files so that they can be used by both Sibelius and GPO Studio)

VERY IMPORTANT: GPO Sibelius Edition requires you to update your Sibelius 4.0 installation to 4.1: this is a free update and is available at

http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/u.../from_4_0.html

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year from all at Sibelius!

David

Re: GPO Sibelius Edition/crossgrade now available

Whoo-Hoo!

I can't do this until I get home from work, but how exciting, and a terrific way to end the year! I relish anything that can make GPO work more out-of-box!

I am really looking forward to trying out the program's ability to interpret articulations for GPO straight out of Sib. playback!

Nice news but it indicates that if I want to switch to Sibelius GPO from any other notation program using GPO I have to buy a full $219 version containing everything, GPO included. It does not make much sense as I have GPO and already paid for it once. What am I supposed to do in such a case? Witold

wsuryn, If you are a GPO owner you can take advanted of the crossgrade offer to Sibelius and then be able to buy the GPO Sibelius Edition for only $49 extra.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH at Sibelius
    Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that GPO Sibelius Edition is now released. Shipping has started in the UK, the US production is a little behind because of the season, but shipping will commence mid-next-week.

However, most of you here will want to know about the crossgrade for existing GPO users, which is available by download from

http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo...rossgrade.html

for USD 49
    Thanks David for posting the fantastic news!

Gary Garritan

I own Version 1.4 of Sibelius and GPO. Do I understand correctly that for $49, I get Sibelius 4.1, which will integrate GPO?

I thought I had to upgrade to 4.1 first before paying the $49 to integrate GPO.

Quote Originally Posted by aplanchard
    I own Version 1.4 of Sibelius and GPO. Do I understand correctly that for $49, I get Sibelius 4.1, which will integrate GPO?

I thought I had to upgrade to 4.1 first before paying the $49 to integrate GPO.
    The GPO Sibelius Edition will only run under Sibelius 4.1. You need the latest version of Sibelius first.
    Gary Garritan

So its upgrade first, then the $49. That's what I initially thought.

Go Back to forum