• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: KH Emerald: WOW!

Share/Bookmark

KH Emerald: WOW!

I've only loaded up a string section so far but have to say these strings are very very playable.

They respond to my touch and to my energy the way my best guitar does.
    There is no doubt as to where the timing is when I'm using these.

One "might" possibly see this as *unforgiving* but I, personally, really appreciate playing an instrument that is extremely responsive to the subtle nuances of physical and emotional posture.
    This library is going to make me a better musician.

Thank you Kirk!

One night with 4 of your instruments has reopened a specific internal space that has been relatively unavailable and out of reach with other samples that I use.

I'm looking forward to countless hours of exciting, and yes, challenging exploration of self and music, with this exquisite tool you've provided.

Steve Karl

Re: KH Emerald: WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl
    I've only loaded up a string section so far but have to say these strings are very very playable.

They respond to my touch and to my energy the way my best guitar does.
    There is no doubt as to where the timing is when I'm using these.

One "might" possibly see this as *unforgiving* but I, personally, really appreciate playing an instrument that is extremely responsive to the subtle nuances of physical and emotional posture.
    This library is going to make me a better musician.

Thank you Kirk!

One night with 4 of your instruments has reopened a specific internal space that has been relatively unavailable and out of reach with other samples that I use.

I'm looking forward to countless hours of exciting, and yes, challenging exploration of self and music, with this exquisite tool you've provided.

Steve Karl
    Steve,
    I had a chance to load up the free Chamber violins yesterday, and they are very musical as well. The detaches's are great, and under 'Kirks Favorites' there's a mod controlled dynamic Light Vib to heavy Vib patch, it's very expressive. All the patches whether Legato or not seem to connect in between notes very well, something I really appreciate!

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look for that one under 'Kirks Favorites.'

Steve

I have Emerald which I have not loaded yet, but recently got the added Chamber Strings ..Violin's .....These are REALLY nice !!....I'm waiting on another HD to load Emerald......If those samples are anything like the Chambered Strings , this will be a GREAT investment by far !!.... Very satisfied so far .....Thanks for a great library at a great price Kirk !!.....Jim

I just ordered these myself due to advice/hype and demo's and I am really excited that once I actually get my Giga 3 computer....I'm gonna have some killer stuff's to program with!

Thanks Kirk....
    conga

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    I have Emerald which I have not loaded yet, but recently got the added Chamber Strings ..Violin's .....These are REALLY nice !!....I'm waiting on another HD to load Emerald......If those samples are anything like the Chambered Strings , this will be a GREAT investment by far !!.... Very satisfied so far .....Thanks for a great library at a great price Kirk !!.....Jim
    I've been working with some instruments form Emerald and Chamber Strings
    for about the last 6 hours.
    The 24 Strings B are smooth as silk and very easy to play.
    The chamber strings are pretty hot also. Very fast runs are now doable for me.
    I'm having fun!

Steve

I have to add my wow, as well. These samples sound excellent.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Just got my Emerald in the mail....man that was fast! Now I just have to wait a month or two for the computer to run Giga on....aaarrrrrgggghhhhh.

Props to Kirk
    conga

Would anyone posts some examples of the chamber strings in action?

Thanks,
    Mahlon

I'll try to post some quick demos in the next day or so.

Thanks,
    Kirk

Go Back to forum