• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is this a trumpet shake? And how to do them in JABB?

Share/Bookmark

Is this a trumpet shake? And how to do them in JABB?

I've had no luck adding in the controller data per the JABB manual to get a trumpet shake, but I also have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or what it's supposed to sound like, even. I enter a note, then add in controller cc64 between 49-95 and some cc28 and cc20, but nothing unusual happens when I play that note back.

But first things first... is this what a trumpet shake is? http://www.endresnet.com/TrShake.mp3 And if not, then how might I do that effect in JABB?

Thanks,
    Shaz
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Re: Is this a trumpet shake? And how to do them in JABB?

Shazbot,

This time I have my facts correct

Yes that is a trumpet shake.

Tom has said the he is going to post a tutorial soon on how to use the trumpet shake function.

I am not aware of anyone else who has yet worked out how to do a shake.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    I've had no luck adding in the controller data per the JABB manual to get a trumpet shake, but I also have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or what it's supposed to sound like, even. I enter a note, then add in controller cc64 between 49-95 and some cc28 and cc20, but nothing unusual happens when I play that note back.

But first things first... is this what a trumpet shake is? http://www.endresnet.com/TrShake.mp3 And if not, then how might I do that effect in JABB?

Thanks,
    Shaz
    Yes, that's a trumpet shake and you'll need to wait for the tutorial on shakes that should become available before NAMM in January. The tutorial will explain how to manually create the shakes (remember, they are primarily designed to take advantage of future scripting possibilities.) There will also be a JABB programming update released prior to NAMM that will be required for the tutorial.

Tom

Where is that snippet from?

Reguarding that clip that u played as an example for the shake where is that clip from. I know that this was posted in December but im hoping somebody who hears the clip can tell me where that is from. I would be interesting in listenin to the whole piece

Thanks

Honestly, I don't know... I did a search for "trumpet shake" and cut the little piece from the MP3 I found.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I appreciate it.. if u find out plos id appreciate if u post it ive been tryin to find that piece for a while

Go Back to forum