• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Christmas Fanfare

Share/Bookmark

Post A Christmas Fanfare

Hello Everyone,
    I put together a little fanfare that I've been a fan of for quite sometime. It is actually a choral piece, but I thought it would be worth doing an instrumental version of it if for nothing else but to get more familiar with GPO. The song is called A Christmas Call to Worship by Tom Fettke.

There is a small trumpet glitch that I need to fix towards the end, but it will have to wait to get fixed. Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear comments on how to better use GPO. (I've had it for over a year and am only working on my second tune. Sad. )

-LFO

http://www.clangates.com/fanfare.mp3
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: A Christmas Fanfare

LFO - What did you have to go and put something so nice and positive up here especially on "opposite day"!
    OK, it’s too dang short!
    Styxx

Angry Re: A Christmas Fanfare

I quote, and you are just a kind very good beginner...

Smile Re: A Christmas Fanfare

Thanks, Styxx. It is short, but then again it wouldn't be a fanfare if it was long. I put the piece together for three reasons. 1) I had yet to do anything of any real value with GPO in a year. 2) My friend needs my help and 3) I knew doing something short and simple would be the best way to start learning. I'll try to behave better next opposite day.

Hey Fabio,
    I think I'm losing something in the translation as I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not. Based on your great work I would love to hear suggestions from you on how to improve the piece.

Cheers,
    LFO
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum