• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I know this ain't the Cubase forum...

Share/Bookmark

I know this ain't the Cubase forum...

But frankly, I like you guys better !

Problem: using Cubase SX. Midi is no problem when playing (ie: it's not a latency issue) but after recording, all notes are consistently an 8th note behind! HAve to go into the midi after recording and 'select all' and shift it over an 8th note and then it's fine and in-time.

???

Just suddenly started happening. Can't find anything in the manual ... or online ... Anyone else encounter this?

Thanks for your kind attention!!

Adrian

Re: I know this ain't the Cubase forum...

Hi Adrian

Go to your cubase/midi port enabler folder, and move the file called ignoreportfilter to somewhere else (I have moved mine to the cubase directory).

See if that resolves your issue

Awesome, thanks Mr. M.!

Sorry to ask another Cubase question but...

My Cubase at work will intermittently switch sample rates. Especially after I export some audio. I usually work at 44.1 and sometimes I'll start the sequencer and everything is slow. I go into the project settings and it still says 44.1. If I switch it to 32k and then switch it back to 44.1 all is OK. This just started happening on it's own. I have a hammerfall audio card. Is there anyway to lock the card, or Cubase, down so that it can't switch? Anybody else experience this problem?

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Do you have any other computers with soundcards in your setup? If so, how is the Master/Slave relationship of the clocking on the soundcards set?

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    Do you have any other computers with soundcards in your setup? If so, how is the Master/Slave relationship of the clocking on the soundcards set?

D
    Daryl,

Only one machine with Cubase SL 2.0.

Daren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

32K?... Smells like Windowssss Ssssoundssssss....

Disable Windows Audio Scheme.

Cheers,

ck

Darren,
    I have the same problem with rate changes and also use Cubase and hammerfall.

Hey CK - how do I disable WIndows audio scheme?

Thanks,
    Joanne

Greetings Joanne,

Go to Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> Sounds and pick "No Sounds" as a Sound scheme.

Cheers,

ck

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick
    Sorry to ask another Cubase question but...

My Cubase at work will intermittently switch sample rates. Especially after I export some audio. I usually work at 44.1 and sometimes I'll start the sequencer and everything is slow. I go into the project settings and it still says 44.1. If I switch it to 32k and then switch it back to 44.1 all is OK. This just started happening on it's own. I have a hammerfall audio card. Is there anyway to lock the card, or Cubase, down so that it can't switch? Anybody else experience this problem?

All the very best,

Darren
    Hi Darren, my hammerfall does this too, even without the windows sounds playing... I think I heard that there's an update driver that takes care of this on the RME website. I dont worry too much as I turn on an Apogee converter and get sync rate from that instead.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Go Back to forum