• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Sibelius Edition/crossgrade now available

Share/Bookmark

GPO Sibelius Edition/crossgrade now available

Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that GPO Sibelius Edition is now released. Shipping has started in the UK, the US production is a little behind because of the season, but shipping will commence mid-next-week.

However, most of you here will want to know about the crossgrade for existing GPO users, which is available by download from

http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo...rossgrade.html

for USD 49

Please check the system requirements before you go ahead: also make sure you read and understand the installation instructions (which explain how to move the GPO sample files so that they can be used by both Sibelius and GPO Studio)

VERY IMPORTANT: GPO Sibelius Edition requires you to update your Sibelius 4.0 installation to 4.1: this is a free update and is available at

http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/u.../from_4_0.html

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year from all at Sibelius!

David

Re: GPO Sibelius Edition/crossgrade now available

Whoo-Hoo!

I can't do this until I get home from work, but how exciting, and a terrific way to end the year! I relish anything that can make GPO work more out-of-box!

I am really looking forward to trying out the program's ability to interpret articulations for GPO straight out of Sib. playback!

Nice news but it indicates that if I want to switch to Sibelius GPO from any other notation program using GPO I have to buy a full $219 version containing everything, GPO included. It does not make much sense as I have GPO and already paid for it once. What am I supposed to do in such a case? Witold

wsuryn, If you are a GPO owner you can crossgrade to Sibelius and then be able to buy the GPO Sibelius Edition for only $49 extra.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH at Sibelius
    Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that GPO Sibelius Edition is now released. Shipping has started in the UK, the US production is a little behind because of the season, but shipping will commence mid-next-week.

However, most of you here will want to know about the crossgrade for existing GPO users, which is available by download from

http://www.sibelius.com/products/gpo...rossgrade.html

for USD 49
    Thanks David for posting the fantastic news!

Gary Garritan

Well, thanks for the notification. I am now downloading Sib 4.1. With a little bit of luck, it will be downloaded by Christmas. So far, I don't know why I need it, as I have not seen anything about the new features, other than the GPO connection, which I don't need, as I use GPO with Sonar, and use Sibelius strictly for score production.

Richard

I downloaded everything and it installed without any problems.

But I could swear that I don't have access to all the GPO instruments. In kontakt player I have a limited number of selections. Or rather in the mixer window if its set to Kontakt player and I see the listing of instruments I can choose, I have access to only a few KS instruments (are these even GPO?)
    Also I am sorry to say the sound quality is nowhere near as good as if I use the Garritan studio. This is why I am wondering if I am even using the right samples...

I moved the .nki Garritan files as instructed, I received no error messages, but something seems amiss...

The Sibelius Kontakt player is limited to 32 slots in total. So they had to create soundsets which contain the most likely instruments for a baroque orchestra, string orchestra, romantic orchestra, etc. Because of these combinations and the limitations of the player, you will not have access to all of the GPO instruments at one time, only those available within any given soundset.

The sound is different, but that's probably because the Sibelius edition uses its own reverb rather than the Ambience reverb that comes with GPO.

It has really simplified GPO playback within Sibelius. I agree that using GPO Studio probably sounds better, but it was always such a pain to set up and tweak the controllers that I never used it. I'll most likely use other means of achieving final playback of a score, but the Sibelius edition at least is a good way of getting the score out of my head and into a more tangible fom with relative ease.

I agree the sound is not as good, and that's because of the "less than stellar" reverb, but that's easily corrected on a Mac. Get Audio Hijack and you can add any AU or VST plugin to the SIB/GPO output. That means EQ, Compression (forgive me) or Reverb and then record a file. You can even use Ambience with the VST GUI!
    I just tried a demo of Altiverb and it makes GPO sing!!!

Todd Kasow

At the moment I have only GPO and SONAR. Aside from the vastly better notation and printing capabilities of Sibelius 4, what if anything would I gain by purchasing Sibelius 4 and the crossgrade for GPO Sibelius Edition?

Thanks

Go Back to forum