Topic: Hidden Paths for Piano Trio, op. 27

Share/Bookmark

Hidden Paths for Piano Trio, op. 27

Here is the first complete work I have done as a grad student:

Hidden Paths for Piano Trio, op. 27
    I. Expressively
    II. Liltingly
    III. Solemnly Then Nobly

Now that I know it lost the long shot Robert Helps competition I can send it to SCI conferences and hopefully get it performed!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Re: Hidden Paths for Piano Trio, op. 27

Jess,

I just about missed these. Good stuff. I listened to them each a couple of times while I sat here editing some programming. Thanks for posting.

Tom

Thanks for listening and commenting.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

I'm really surprised this did not receive far more comment, Jess -- fine work!

There is a maturity and confidence to the writing, a balance and consistency to it that comes only with experience, mastery, and hard work... and an individuality of style that cannot be mistaken for anyone but Jess Hendricks.

Bravo, my friend! This is a first-rate composition, in every regard.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

[I'd be interested in seeing the score sometime if it's available -- there's some very ingenious string writing in this, highly astute blending with the piano that leads to quite intriguing timbral effects.]

Quote Originally Posted by etLux

[I'd be interested in seeing the score sometime if it's available -- there's some very ingenious string writing in this, highly astute blending with the piano that leads to quite intriguing timbral effects.]

I will see about posting some excerpts from the score.

Thanks for listening.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

I am very impressed by your writing. This is a very unique piece. I really like the intimate spacial quality to this. The piano is beautifully done and the string part compliments so nicely. Again, very impressive.

Clark

Go Back to forum