• Register
  • Help

Topic: Suite for Orchestra in Eb - 1st Movement

Share/Bookmark

Suite for Orchestra in Eb - 1st Movement

Uses QLSO Silver for most stuff, Project SAM for the Brass, Reason for the clarinets (cause Silver, which is generally a very good library, has some of the worst clarinets I've ever heard) and timpani rolls.

http://static.uploadhut.com/upload/474586.mp3

This host is pretty slow, I'm trying to find a better one. Also, the end might be cut off, so I'll work on that.

Re: Suite for Orchestra in Eb - 1st Movement

No one? Awww....

Smile Re: Suite for Orchestra in Eb - 1st Movement

Nice first try.

You need to explore more keys than just the home key to make the piece more interesting, also it needs more contrasting sections. Also don't be afraid of rests, they are your friend!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thanks for the comment. There are several modulations - in fact, the piece ends in a different key than it began in. It moves from Eb Major to Cminor several times, then to Db, and F, and then to C minor. It stays there for a while before going to Ab, to Eb and finally ending on Bb.

I really like the first 8 or 16 bars. From there, as Falcon said, you could use some key changes and definitely let it breathe from time to time.

I find that I like all the individual sections (there must be like 20 or 30 of them). They're very well done. But there's something about how they go from one to another to another that just doesn't work for me. Maybe it's too many sections in a row where the melodies are all quarter and eighth notes.

I think your orchestrations are very nice, by the way.

- Mike Greene

Quote Originally Posted by The Zas
    Thanks for the comment. There are several modulations - in fact, the piece ends in a different key than it began in. It moves from Eb Major to Cminor several times, then to Db, and F, and then to C minor. It stays there for a while before going to Ab, to Eb and finally ending on Bb.
    Those keys are all relative which won't give you the effect. You need to go from Eb major to B or C MAJOR or Gb major or G major. Those are the "wake up the listener" transitions.

- Mike Greene

Go Back to forum