• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Finally COMPLETE! Symphony No. 2, op. 28

Share/Bookmark

Finally COMPLETE! Symphony No. 2, op. 28

Here, in all their glory are the five movements, for full orchestra (including 5 percussionists on most movements) of my Symphony No. 2, op. 28:

I. Technological Marvels
    II. The Vastness of Space
    III. Wormhole
    IV. Emergence and Discovery
    V. New Worlds

Enjoy!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Re: Finally COMPLETE! Symphony No. 2, op. 28

Terrific!

I can't believe the amount of work involved …!!!
    How long did this take?

Each piece carried with it it's own unique feel…. Which Ties quite well with their titles

I particularly liked your 2nd arrangement..

I'm curious to learn if this vast project was a commissioned work... Or a labor of love.?

Incredible!

jeff

I wish I could right something like that, this is amazing, man.

Just don't let your composition skills die like mine did...
    Garam Heo, Contemporary Christian Artist
    Music produced by Christopher and Craig Reeves
    http://www.garamheo.com
    http://www.youtube.com/GaramHeoMusic
    SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR A FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD!

Wow, what a work! Great job! I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but what I've heard so far I have really enjoyed. I like your titles as well! I hope to give this entire symphony a nice concentrated listen next week when I have access to my computer speakers. Awesome stuff!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

whoa!! so much music!!! i will listen to this all in one shot as soon as i get the time - i went through and did sort of a "needle drop" and listened to different bits and most of the last movement...great writing...you should win an award or something...this is definitely a feat to be proud of...

josh

Impressive symphony, dude! Your GPO techniques are quite amazing! Excellent work.

Er, can we hear your first?

-Cata
    ♪♪♪♪ CâTå ♪♪♪♪

Thanks everyone for you compliments!

The first symphony is on my website here:
    http://www.fupduckonline.com/music.html

But keep in mind it was not nearly as ambitious a work as the current one. The first is much lighter and more simple. (I still love it, don't get me wrong).

The Second symphony is a culmination of my first semester's studies which also included a trio that I can now post on this forum later tonight. (Had to make sure it didn't win the $10,000 Robert Helps prize... lol... longshot... didn't win.)

Grad school has been fantastic and my percussion ensemble piece is going to be premiered in San Juan, Puerto Rico at the CMS conference on Feb. 9-11 (don't know which day yet). So things are really rocking here and the Symphony No. 2 is inspired by that. I knew going into this that a live performance of it, because of its length, is nearly impossible to get. But I decided not to compromise on its length.

BTW... my favorite movement is still the third, the fourth movement only took two days to write (composed itself), and the first and fifth movements took the longest.

Hope everyone gets a chance to listen to the movements consecutively. And thanks so much for listening.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Wow I love it, the beginning of the first movement reminds me so much of Star Craft's Protoss music hehe. It gives me the grave impression, mysterious outer planet feel, and movement, lots of movement. A lot of contrasting areas (although I'm for one not too found of contrast ).

Good work
    Ke Yang (OMG I'm using mah name)
    Insert Useless Advertisement Here

My Work List With GPO

Note: You might have noticed there's nothing there, yet. Massive editing going on.

Jess, this is amazing! So many notes! This really is an amazing work. Glad to see you are getting a lot out of education. I once desired grad school, but then I looked in my wallet. Really impressive writing.

Forgive my lateness in getting to this, Jess; but I wanted to wait until I had time to listen to it properly -- download all the files, line 'em up, and sit and give the symphony a proper hearing from one end to the other without distraction or interruption.

Having done so, I can summarize in a single word:

BRAVISSIMO!

This is a major work and a major achievement -- a solidly written symphony from one to the other, Jess; and written in no one's voice but your own.

I sincerely hope that this symphony finds its way to live performance. It richly deserves a hearing.

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    -

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast