• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Worra - Loading Time for Black Grand in Kontakt 1?

Share/Bookmark

Worra - Loading Time for Black Grand in Kontakt 1?

Worra:

Black Grand is my "go to" piano in terms of sound - it's perfect in every way for what I do and I absolutely love it. But it takes about 2-3 minutes to load Black Grand into Kontakt (I use Kontakt 1). Is that normal? I mean, loading Vintaudio C7 or Artvista Malmsjo take much less time. Is that simply because Black Grand is a bigger library by size? Or am I doing something wrong in Kontakt?

Also, once I load Black Grand I cannot load say the Vintaudio C7 as another instrument in Kontakt - it tells me I don't have enough memory - I assume it's because I don't have enough "juice" in my PC? I'm using PIV 3Ghz with 1gig RAM (not much I know!)

If I'm having such problems with Black Grand I know I'm not even going to bother looking at something like TBO!

Sorry for the stupidity of these questions - I'm not a pro at this stuff!

Cheers

Re: Worra - Loading Time for Black Grand in Kontakt 1?

Hey Len, since you are using DFD it all depends on the number of samples the library has (Because in DFD only the start of the sample gets cached)

You could try lowering your DFD settings and your buffer sizes per sample. That will give you much faster loading times but you might have some problems in sustaining notes or large polyphonies (cut notes).

How much ram do you have?

What speed hard drive do you have? 7200 rpm?
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Oh sorry. I just saw you have 1gb of ram. Updating to 2 GB is a great idea whenever you get the Chance.

2.5 GB is even better since you can use 2 gb per single application on XP (kontakt for example) and use the other 500mb for the smooth functioning of your system
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Thanks Theodor. Yes I will certainly be upgrading my RAM soon - in fact I will be splashing out on a dual core AMD with 2gig RAM in the next few weeks. In the meantime, what DFD settings do you use in Kontakt for Black Grand (I'm not playing Beethoven so I don't need max polyphony!)?

Thanks again.

Hey len no worries man.

Try using:

Preload Buffer: 120kb

Voice Buffer Size: 144kb

That's a rough -good- size.

If this works very well, you can make the sizes a bit smaller but then you'll be putting too much load on the streaming/hard-drive side of things. Try finding a good balance of loading times and performance. If the DFD meter is hitting red that means you are stressing your hard-drive.

Write down the default values in case you wish to put them back
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Hi and thanks for using the Black Grand!
    As Theodor already explained, the loading time has to do with the numbers of samples. All samplers that streams from disk, always load a small portion of each sample into RAM. Many sample=longer loading time. I donät know how many samples there are in the other libraries you mention, but in Black Grand, there's over 2300/perspective.
    TBO has 4495 samples, so that would take longer to load.
    I would recommend going up to 2GB RAM if you want to use that.
    If youo like, you can always get TSO, a "smaller" version of TBO, and then upgrade. TSO would work great on your system.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Theodor

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to help me out - the revised DFD settings work really well and have cut down the loading time significantly without affecting how I use the piano. You are a good man!!

Worra - thanks also. I think I may have to give TBO a pass for now (I'd get it if I were a classical player but I'm not); I will certainly consider TSO (although in fact I was listening to sound samples last night and White Sister is really great too).

Cheers all

Your welcome Len. Glad i could be of help
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Len
    Theodor

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to help me out - the revised DFD settings work really well and have cut down the loading time significantly without affecting how I use the piano. You are a good man!!

Worra - thanks also. I think I may have to give TBO a pass for now (I'd get it if I were a classical player but I'm not); I will certainly consider TSO (although in fact I was listening to sound samples last night and White Sister is really great too).

Cheers all

...and if you hurry, you can get the White Sister Direct Download for $79, but that offer ends tomorrow....;J
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

479 ? That's a bargain Per! Maybe you mean $79 ?

(the $ sign is on the 4 key, so no worries tee hee)
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum