• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Renaissance Instruments

Share/Bookmark

Renaissance Instruments

Musical brothers, especially those interested in medieval and renaissance instruments, have any of you heard of this library?

http://www.banchetto-musicale.com/en/index2.htm

Just came across it having seen an ad at the kvr site. It looks interesting, especially since I haven't seen a lot of these kinds of instrument samples being available. The recorders, I think Sampletekk has covered very nicely, but I still haven't seen any nice lutes, viols, etc.

I might grab these just out of curiosity.

Re: Renaissance Instruments

Oh... it looks like there IS also another set that has the lutes, some harps, etc. COOL!!! Maybe...

So... I know there are a few people on here who might be interested in knowing about the existence of these.

Wow- yeah dude, I love early sounds like these. Too bad the second set isn't in Giga.

how the heck do you use soundfonts, anyway?? What format is that? I see it everywhere...

This looks like part 2 to the older 'Early Patches' sample library.

I have the original 'Early Patches' in Akai format. It's several years old.

I don't know about this 'More Early Patches' set, but I was never crazy about the first set.

Mark

Mark... was it poorly done?

I did notice not a lot of velocity layers for things. Which may not necessarily be a bad thing. Depends on the instrument.

Soundfonts is just another format. I think most samplers like Kontakt might be able to use it. Don't know about giga.

In my mind I have soundfont associated with poorer quality. Don't know whether that's fair or not. I guess I would opt for the Akai version.

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Wow- yeah dude, I love early sounds like these. Too bad the second set isn't in Giga.
    It is in Giga too.

Quote Originally Posted by Seq
    Mark... was it poorly done?

I did notice not a lot of velocity layers for things. Which may not necessarily be a bad thing. Depends on the instrument.
    I probably should have phrased my comment better. Sorry about that.

I listened to some of the patches this morning, while I still don't them, I think most of the problems I hear can be chalked up to personal taste.

I found the majority of string sounds to be harsh and shrill. It was either the instrument or the recording techniques used. When using early instruments, I expect a certain degree of strangeness in the tonality. More like weird organic overtones. But these samples just sounded harsh to me.

I bought this sample library for a specific project, but I ended up using a Roland JV ethnic library card instead.

Mark

The Best of Bolder Giga collection from www.boldersounds.com has some pretty good stuff in this vein. Not quite the breadth, but some very nice Renaissance lutes, etc.

Hi,

I have now uploaded a couple of sample instruments from the Banchetto Musicale Library. They are available for EXS, Kontakt, Halion, Giga Studio and VSampler.

Please download from here:
    http://www.banchetto-musicale.com/en/downloads.htm

These tryout Patches (Krumhorn Alt, Woodblocks and Zither eco) can be used for free in any commercial or non commercial music/sound production or performance. Any other use is not allowed. Please do not redistribute. Thanks!

best regards

Andreas Sumerauer

Go Back to forum