• Register
  • Help

Topic: Eric, RMX output oddness

Share/Bookmark

Eric, RMX output oddness

Such a blessing to speak to the creator on this board. (harhar)

I've noticed a little oddity when using RMX in Protools 7. Say I assign instrument/track/part 2 to stereo out 2. If I then go looking for sounds....the moment I select another sound, the ouput switches back to stereo 1 on that part. It sure would be nice to have that part just stick to what output I have assigned it to while "shopping" for sounds. Auditioning sounds only thru stereo 1 is kind of a drag with complex output routings. If I have missed something please forgive my ignorance....

It is absolutley AMAZING to work in PT7 now having each RMX part come back on its own instrument track....having half the tracks to look at now.

Re: Eric, RMX output oddness

If I understand your issue correctly, then take heart -- I think it's EASY to fix!

On the browser page of RMX there is a small button on the upper right marked "settings" -- get the track set up like you want (add FX, make output assignment, etc), and then hit that button.

NOW, you can browse new elements/grooves to your heart's delight, and the settings will remain the same.

Is that what you need?

Exactly why I asked forgiveness for possible ignorance.

Thanks so much. We're all just trying to catch up with how smart with how smart Spectrasonics is.

That's the right answer.

Watch the "Using Seperate Outputs" video tutorial and you'll see some other great tips with RMX and Pro Tools plug-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Perry
    Exactly why I asked forgiveness for possible ignorance.
    Come on, man -- we're all here to help each other! I'm just glad to help!

Go Back to forum