• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Lyrical Distortion 1 Advanced Kontakt2 programing

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Lyrical Distortion 1 Advanced Kontakt2 programing

Lyrical Distortion 1 Advanced Kontakt2 programing

Lyrical Distortion 1 Advanced Kontakt2 programing utilizes the scripting found in Native Instruments Kontakt2. The programs bring the entire list of Lyrical Distortion 1 articulations into one multi, and requires only one midi track. They are also fabulous for realtime performances.

Forced Keyswitching:

This function differs from traditional Keyswitching, as the Keyswitch function only applys while the Keyswitch is pressed, after you release the Forced Keyswitch, it returns to the default articulation. There are 4 Forced Keyswitches refered to as PHPP: Pick, Hammer, Palm, and Powerchord. The Forced PHPP Keyswitches also work in combonations, ex: Palm KS + Powerchord KS= Palm Powerchords. Aside from the 4 PHPP Forced Keyswitches, there is also a Forced Lock Keyswitch. This function locks the selected articulation to the default articulation, while it is locked the other Forced Keyswitches are still functinal. Ex: Palm KS + Powerchord KS= Palm Powerchords. Pressing the Forced Lock Keyswitch locks Palm Powerchords as my default articulation, I can now play Palm Powerchords handsfree. While I'm "chugging" along with the Palm Powerchord, I can accent some of the notes with sustained powerchords by pressing Force Keyswitch for Powerchords. Once I release Forced KS for Powerchords, It returns to the locked default Palm Powerchords. The Lock is unlocked by pressing the Palm KS/Powerchord KS combination.

Legato Keyswitch:

With this function on, all legato notes(MIDI notes that are overlapped) triggers the hammer articulation. If a note is Palm Pick, then the legato note will be Palm Hammer,etc.... This function works great for realtime leads as well as rythum playing.

Solo Mode Keyswitch:

There are 3 solo modes to select from.
    Solo mode 0: Off
    Solo Mode 1: All notes played are monophonic, including pedal down! This function is supurb for realtime performances. Gone is choppy sounds of repetitive notes in realtime! Now it sounds like a real guitar playing.
    Solo Mode 2: All notes are polyphonic, including pedal down (with the exception to repetitive note playing while the pedal is down - then the notes played are monophonic, just like playing a real guitar!)

Mod Wheel:

switch between release samples on the lower part of the mod wheel, cross fades from notes to muted strings on the upper mod wheel (from 2112's nkm)
    0 - nothing
    1 - 32 release
    33- 64 finger noise release
    65-127 cross fade from notes to dn/up muted strings

Random Cycle with no repeat- this elimanates cycle patterns and syncing both guitars associated with Round Robin cycle.

Staccato Keyswitch:

This function is handy for playing repetitive notes if your fingers aren't up for the task. By pressing this Keyswitch, the next note you play will be the default note and will cover the entire keyboard. This function will remain until the Keyswitch is lifted. Ex: Pressing the Staccato Keyswitch and pressing G1. G1 covers the keyboard. now if I play C2,B1,A1,G1, I will hear G1,G1,G1,G1.

Trill Keyswitch:

This is how it works: Hold Trill Keyswitch and the first key you press now will be memorized and always retriggered if you release a key (sound best in combination with force hammer). This "base" note will be retriggered as long as you hold the TRILL key.

SPECIAL NOTICE:
    Version 2 of Lyrical Distortion will be released very soon. This update will put the power of LD1 and LD2 at the conrol of your finger tips and will only need one MIDI track.

LD users may download this update via the Bela D users forum.

Thumbs up Re: Lyrical Distortion 1 Advanced Kontakt2 programing

This is cool stuff! You folks need to try this out! Everything at your finger tips! This keeps getting better and better....

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Lyrical Distortion 1 Advanced Kontakt2 programing

Not good - I was trying to put off upgrading to K2 for a month or so, now this 'forces' me to pick it up. Looks very usuable - good stuff.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

That's a dream come true...

What else is on my wishlist? Let me have a look... Ah, yes, midi files. Something like a library with licks and standard repetitions would be most useful...

By the way: How soon is very soon? You know, Christmas is near...

Oh man, can't wait for this!
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

LD2 will retail next week. Guess who composed the first demo?

Thumbs up Re: Lyrical Distortion 1 Advanced Kontakt2 programing

Thanks for this update, Bela D!
    This is definitely going to be really useful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    LD2 will retail next week. Guess who composed the first demo?
    I`m guessing, Theodor

is the Giga version already capable of that??

many thanks

Yves

Quote Originally Posted by Veron
    I`m guessing, Theodor
    You mean Johann Sebastian Van Krueger?

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Talking Re: Lyrical Distortion 1 Advanced Kontakt2 programing

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    You mean Johann Sebastian Van Krueger?

Ahh, I forgot.
    Your right, thats his real name

Go Back to forum