• Register
  • Help

Topic: Examples using KHSO Emerald / Logic

Share/Bookmark

Examples using KHSO Emerald / Logic

Would anyone care to post a link to a Logic-file with an orchestral arrangement they made with the Kontakt 2 version of Kirk Hunter's Symphonic Orchestra Emerald?

I'm asking because I just bought the Adler-book and CDs, but as I don't know how to read notes, it would be a great help for me if I could simply see how other people do when they make arrangements.

I know I could learn a lot from studying a Logic-file this way, so if anyone is interested in posting, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Re: Examples using KHSO Emerald / Logic

I'm not using Logic. I use DP. However, I can send you the standard MIDI file, which should import into Logic. I'll also send you the multi and instrument files I used as well. (.nkm and nki.)

Let me know if you want to try it.

Thanks,
    Kirk Hunter

Thanks a lot, Kirk, that would be great! I am going to send you an e-mail privately about it.

I am interested in putting together some kind of Orchestration FAQ with examples as I learn things myself. Then other "newbies" can hopefully enjoy and learn from the end result.

A few years back I did the same thing with Logic and the so-called Logic FAQ project, which I believe turned out very well (look here: http://logicfaq.omega-art.com/)

/Henrik

Kirk,

I think this would be quite useful (especially for the demos that you've posted, or parts thereof). I'd love to see how it was meant to be done from the person who developed the library.

I've recently bought the Guide to MIDI Orchestration - but this thing is a monster and it will take a while to get through. These extra tidbits using the libraries we own would be very beneficial.

steve

sghoughton: Good idea.

Kirk, would it be a lot of work to make it so that pro users (= not me!) could contribute with MP3 and MIDI-files to the Audio Demos-part of your homepage? (Of course the songs should be made using KH software.)

Alternatively, users of KHSO Emerald could just set up their own homepage with i.e. Yahoo groups and share stuff there. Then you could simply link to that, Kirk (= would save you the work of handling user demos, so you can get on with Chamber Strings etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by hbjdk
    sghoughton: Good idea.

Kirk, would it be a lot of work to make it so that pro users (= not me!) could contribute with MP3 and MIDI-files to the Audio Demos-part of your homepage? (Of course the songs should be made using KH software.)
    I'm open to demos from anyone as long as it passes my inspection. Also, I just put up the demo MIDI file (and Performer file for those of you using DP) along with the .nkm and .nki files you'll need to run it. Obviously, you'll need Kontakt 2 to run the thing. Using only one Dual Proc. PowerMac G5, I was able to make the thing run in one pass with no hiccups.

Notes: There are 2 multies in this piece. Each multi has 16 instruments in it. The piece was done using DP 4.6 with 2 instances of Kontakt 2 (the 2 multies containing the 16 different instruments.) Download the whole thing at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/DemoMidiFilesK2.zip Mac users, if you're using a browser other than Safari, such as Netscape, click and hold the mouse, and choose "download target" or "download link". PC users, right-click the link and download.

Thanks,
    Kirk Hunter

Kirk,

I received KHSO Emerald yesterday and only had a chance to load up the strings and woodwinds discs, but I have to say they sound wonderful, and I love the modwheel controls.

So far I'm impressed -- especially when you factor in the cost of the library.

KHSO may well end up being my first line of attack on a project.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Go Back to forum