• Register
  • Help

Topic: save fx settings

Share/Bookmark

save fx settings

hi,

i wonder how to save the settings of the fx plug ins with a gig file. i want to load a *.gig together with a fx in the insert-slot via prg-change. either the fx will load and unload with the gig, or will be bypassed or muted at least. is this possible or do i have to use an extra channel for every fx?

Re: save fx settings

Quote Originally Posted by oove
    hi,

i wonder how to save the settings of the fx plug ins with a gig file. i want to load a *.gig together with a fx in the insert-slot via prg-change. either the fx will load and unload with the gig, or will be bypassed or muted at least. is this possible or do i have to use an extra channel for every fx?
    I wrote the following reply, then tried it myself before sending to make sure. I can't get it to work, but can't imagine why. Try it yourself, and please post if you figure it out:

You have to load both as a stacked instrument, and save as a .gsi. Then when you use the gsi within a performance, you can use a program change corresponding to the patchnumber of the stacked instrument (visible in the loaded instruments pane), in order to load that instrument into a given channel.

Best of luck,

Belbin

thank you for reply. i'd like to know about creating stacked instruments and saving it.

a further solution would be a possibility to control the settings in and especially the bypass button of the plug by midi. for the giga-reverb i found a lot of information in the manual. but how to manage it with eg. psp nitro?

ok, i created an empty performance and putted the gig file which i want to wetting with fx in the first slot. than i putted the nitro fx (vst plugin) in the related mixer-section. it sounded right. than i saved my work as gsi. i closed gigastudio and launched it again. the default performance loaded automatically. now i try to drag the gsi in the first slot, where is another gig right now. nothing happens. the harmonium.gig is still dry. the fx is not loaded. even if i clear the whole gs and double click the gsi, all gigs are loading but without fx.

Quote Originally Posted by oove
    ok, i created an empty performance and putted the gig file which i want to wetting with fx in the first slot. than i putted the nitro fx (vst plugin) in the related mixer-section. it sounded right. than i saved my work as gsi. i closed gigastudio and launched it again. the default performance loaded automatically. now i try to drag the gsi in the first slot, where is another gig right now. nothing happens. the harmonium.gig is still dry. the fx is not loaded. even if i clear the whole gs and double click the gsi, all gigs are loading but without fx.
    I don't think DSP settings are saved with a .gsi. Perhaps your method will work if you save it as a .gsp

My suggestion was to use the gigapulse that you stack with an instrument in the midi mixer window, but if it's not gigapulse that you're trying to use, then I guess that can't be done.

One thing: What type of effect is this nitro? You may be able to create an impulse of it and encode it to your .gig file.

Belbin

nitro is a multiple filter with lfo and so on. i think it can't really sampled by a convolution and i am not able to do this.
    it is a pitty. so i have to put it in a certain slot and have to use the gig if necessary in these slot. but a can't save ressources in that way and i can't change the fx. strange ... any other solutions?

Go Back to forum