• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX Memory Hog/Issues?

Share/Bookmark

RMX Memory Hog/Issues?

I'm not sure what's going on here or if this is unusual or perhaps a memory setting issue.

Is RMX normally this much of a memory hog? I am working on a project right now with a few small patches from other kompakt libraries using around 400-500 MB ram. Suddenly putting RMX in my project with 2 loops adds another 800 MB ram load suddenly all my 2 GB ram is now used up.

I then start a new project and looking at my Task Manager loading up only RMX with 2 patches raises the memory load by around 700-900 MB.

Am I missing something here or is this normal? How do you guys with 1 computer get away with using RMX and other samples for large templates at the same time.

Cheers,

Re: RMX Memory Hog/Issues?

That doesn't sound right at all. What version of RMX are you using?

- Glenn

I'm using the latest RMX.

That might be the issue. I am indeed in groove mode and am loading the suite of grooves containted in one patch. Is there a way to load just one of the subpatch grooves instead of all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by sfiks
    "In Groove Menu mode, selecting a Suite pre-loads all the Elements of the Suite into RAM memory. RAM usage can become high if several Parts are in Groove Menu mode and the Suites are large." - Part Modes.pdf
    I have run into this "problem" as well. I like to combine elements from a bunch of different suites, so RAM can become a problem, particularly if you have other large-ish instruments like a piano going as well.
    Is there a way to unload the elements within a suite you're not using? Otherwise this (or some kind of RAM save/RAM purge function) would be a great addition to RMX.

matto

Those numbers still don't add up. I'm pretty sure there are no two suites (in the core library anyway) that you could load in groove menu mode to use that much memory. What version of RMX are you using? By this I mean the version number, like 1.0, 1.2 or 1.5. You'll find it displayed at the end of the utility menu.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    Is there a way to unload the elements within a suite you're not using?
    You can build a groove menu using Favorites, which contains only the grooves you want in the menu. That way you won't load any unneeded grooves.

- Glenn

Glenn version 1.5 but i've had this load issue ever since I bought it (so version 1, 1.2 and 1.5). I think it's just cause I loaded 2 suites of grooves which is why the load was so high?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    You can build a groove menu using Favorites, which contains only the grooves you want in the menu. That way you won't load any unneeded grooves.

- Glenn
    I'll have to try this one!

When you have these kinds of problems, make sure to check the Reference Guide first (Utility Menu/Help). There's a whole chapter in there about Memory/CPU optimization.

Thanks eric, will definitely do that!

Love RMX, LGrooves and Atmosphere by the way.

Awesome! :-)

spectrum

Go Back to forum