• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Great Vocal (both male and female) oohs and aahs only?

Share/Bookmark

Great Vocal (both male and female) oohs and aahs only?

I am looking for great oohs and aahs only. Giga or Kontakt would be fine, I have both players. However, Giga would be better.

I did a search on choirs but did not come to any firm conclusions. I would prefer not to pay for sounds I do not need. Only need oohs and aahs.

Thanks if you can help out.

Santo

Re: Great Vocal (both male and female) oohs and aahs only?

Symphony of Voices would be a good bet for you. There's lot's more vowels provided, but you'll find them very useful too.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/librari...honyvoices.php

spectrum
    aka:SOV producer ;-)

is SOV ever going to be on sale, or have a price drop?

Quote Originally Posted by vegas
    I've wondered the same thing. A lot of older Ilio/Spectrasonics libraries still seem to never go down in price. I'm not saying they're not good or not worth it mind you, but a lot of the older ones are overpriced in my view. Just look at how much content you can get with trilogy, stylus, atmosphere. The prices for those in today's market are more justified in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by vegas
    Not likely. It's still our number one selling library and there's still no comparable collection at that price.

Usually we do price drops after a library has been on the market for more than 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    I've wondered the same thing. A lot of older Ilio/Spectrasonics libraries still seem to never go down in price. I'm not saying they're not good or not worth it mind you, but a lot of the older ones are overpriced in my view. Just look at how much content you can get with trilogy, stylus, atmosphere. The prices for those in today's market are more justified in my view.
    Virtual instruments reach a much wider audience and sell at a far greater quantity so it's possible to offer better prices than on sample libraries.

Sample libraries for us are very much a niche market for pro users and therefore it is very expensive for us just to keep them in stock on all the various formats.

We do lower prices when it makes sense. Bass Legends, Hans Zimmer Guitars and Heart of Asia have had price reductions recently. It's worth noting that none of those price drops increased sales though. It just makes them a little more in line with today's pricing. So there's very little motivation for us to do huge drops in prices....we simply wouldn't sell a lot more to justify the lost revenue. The market doesn't work that way in our experience.

Also...keep in mind that SOV and Vocal Planet have huge amounts of variety of sounds, so they are very comparably priced...even for virtual instruments. Measuring gigabytes alone very often doesn't tell the whole story.

Modern libraries usually have less variety, but huge numbers of articulations and massive gigabytes due to higher bit depths/no looping/high sample rates/redundant samples. Older libs like SOV/VP are extremely memory efficient and you get a ton of variety and actually different sounds/performers, etc.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Regarding SOV/Vocal Planet and price drops...

Eric is really correct in saying that these libraries hold value. Virtual Instruments are definitely cool in their own way, but one of the major charms of SOV/Vocal Planet is that you can break those libraries down and remap things like crazy--in ways that no virtual instrument could do.

It's a different strokes kind of thing...

But in no way would I ever imagine either of those libraries being diminished in value. It's very hard to quantify the sheer brute force of either one until you start trying to just simply PLAY every instrument/patch in the whole thing and realize that you could be doing it for DAYS on end, and still not get through it all.

I guess you could if you were really efficient about it, but the problem is, you get all inspired and before you know it, a couple of hours has passed by.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Hey, if you really just need oohs and aahs...

Get a group of your best girlfriends together, set up some mics, and tell me where to show up...I'll drop trou, and you'll get your track.

Badump-bump....

Those would likely be "Eewws", not "Ooohs" Not that its much different sounding i'm sure.

steve

Lol, those last two comments sent me off with a smile for the day.

Go Back to forum