• Register
  • Help

Topic: Who is conduction now?

Share/Bookmark

Question Who is conducting now?

Any of you brilliant people conducting this season? Chorus, choir, band, orchestra, big band, musicals or? Love to hear what's going on.
    Styxx

Re: Who is conduction now?

Sorry, the post title was to read "Conducting". I tried to edit but for some reason one cannot edit one's mistakes in the heading. It's been a very terrible stressful morning. I am in dire need to hear about people’s successes in MUSIC to clear my mind.
    Styxx

I'm conducting my church orchestra. Not a big gig (and definitely not one that pays), but I enjoy it.

Somehwat unrelated, I think I am going to start orchestrating one piece a quarter to be performed in church. It'll be for F Horn and orchestra and I'll perform it on the Horn using my orchestration recorded to CD. The church orchestra simply doesn't have the numbers to work in my orchestrations. Besides, these pieces will be for the offeratories, not the big solo at the begining of the service.
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator
    http://FosterPayne.com/default.aspx

I put in a new light fixture yesterday and got a small shock, so I guess I'm conducting electricity.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    I put in a new light fixture yesterday and got a small shock, so I guess I'm conducting electricity.

Jeff
    Next time
    1. Make sure your life insurance is paid up
    2. Turn the power off
    3. Use a Electrical Tester check for current.
    4. Use insulated tools that can withstand at least 1000V

Or call "Zippy The Zap Master" electrician in the yellow pages under, "Shock Treatment".
    Styxx

Someday I'll be...
    Wishful thinking.

-Chris

Just conducted a Madrigal Feast with a choir that I direct. Anybody ever been to one of of these things? They're a blast... Madrigals, Motets, bawdy renaissance skits, lots of nerds dressed in costume... I used to do them in my high school choir, and now I'm directing an adult choir that puts them on annually.

chris.

Go Back to forum