• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: jabb & sibelius

Share/Bookmark

jabb & sibelius

What's the word on using JABB with Sibelius?

I got the first copy sold at C&M in SF, gather that there'll be something like gpo studio available

Anybody know when?

Re: jabb & sibelius

GPO studio for JaBB should be here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Swintz
    GPO studio for JaBB should be here soon.
    Be nice if GPO/JABB can be used simultaneously and instruments somehow accessed from within the same source, like you have your orchestral and jazzband instrumentalists gathered in the same 'studio'

Not sure I even have this all arranged accurately in my thinking, but I'm a bigtime lover of simplicity

Thanks for the news

Here is a beta version of the new Stdio that will work with both JABB and GPO.

PC: http://www.garritan.com/support/GarritanStudio0001.zip
    Mac: http://www.garritan.com/support/GarritanStudio.dmg.zip

Right click on the player to select JABB or GPO.

Let me know how the works.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

Gary Garritan
    Just when my life is getting dull I have a look at what's coming out of the north country

More great stuff from the boss man

Hey Gary, you aren't related to Santa Claus by any chance?

Thanks Gary,

I tried following instructions, but after opening GPO Player, I try to open up any of the Players (1-8) to select JaBB, but it's greyed out. (BTW Personal Orch isn't greyed out -but I don't own it). If I do try clicking on it, GPO quits unexpectedly. I've just installed it in my apps folder; should it be somewhere else? (nested in JaBB? etc.?)

BTW. Using 10.4.3 on a DP 1.8 Mac

Regards,
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

Gary Garritan
    Regards,
    Shane

I don't use JABB yet but here are some general bugs to report with Garritan Studio 2.0 beta.
    Mac PowerBook 1.25. 1.5gigs ram. 10.3.9
    Mac G4 MMD dual 1.0GHZ 2 gigs ram 10.3.9

Launching Garritan Studio (GS) produces a "dead" window, clicking on the players icons have no effect. If I load the empty.gpo template with he GS file menu the icons come to life as expected. Double clicking on the empty.gpo produces dead icons. Changing empty.gpo to empty.studio and double clicking to open produces active icons.

When a player is opened, clicking anywhere that produces another window (load, Kontakt info etc) blanks out the graphics in the player window. Closing and reopening the player solves this problem. Scrolling the mouse may or may not cause the graphics to reappear. I've seen this very same behavior with Plogue Bidule 0.9

Hope this helps...keep the goodies coming!
    Thanks
    Todd Kasow

Quote Originally Posted by mxman1
    Launching Garritan Studio (GS) produces a "dead" window, clicking on the players icons have no effect.
    Have you tried ctrl-clicking on the players? That brings up a choice to either load GPO or JBB for me.

Jeff

Launching Garritan Studio (GS) produces a "dead" window, clicking on the players icons have no effect.
    That's intended. Keeping in mind that the background image is subject to change. The main point of not loading any players by default is to speed
    up launch time. Ctrl/Right-clicking on a player image will give you the
    choice between No Player, GPO and JABB. Ctrl/Right-clicking on the Ambience
    image will give you the choice between Ambience and No Effect.

Double clicking on the empty.gpo produces dead icons. Changing empty.gpo to empty.studio and double clicking to open produces active icons.
    If you do Get Info on the empty.gpo what does it say in the Open With section?

When a player is opened, clicking anywhere that produces another window (load, Kontakt info etc) blanks out the graphics in the player window. Closing and reopening the player solves this problem. Scrolling the mouse may or may not cause the graphics to reappear. I've seen this very same behavior with Plogue Bidule 0.9
    I haven't seen this happening with 10.4.x, I'll need to boot up the old eMac running 10.3.9 to have a look.

Hi,

I have been using the JABB/GPO 'Studio' & have found it does everything that 1.2 v did! If you right click on each 'player' you get a choice of GPO or JABB. Equally, if you right click on Ambience reverb you get a choice of Ambience or None - perhaps this is ready for the planned Real Space?

In any case I have been able to use it with Sibelius 4 - it works very well so far!

I hope this may be of help.

Cheers,

Nick

Go Back to forum