• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another Finale 2006 question - diminuendo

Share/Bookmark

Another Finale 2006 question - diminuendo

I know that key velocities are not what I want to edit. I have been successful editing midi data for tempo changes (and even pedaling) but how do I get a diminuendo. I have tried using the hairpins. Not sure how to edit the playback. I'm dreading this in case it turns out to be super complicated and require graphing skills.

Re: Another Finale 2006 question - diminuendo

If you use HP, hairpins and cresc./dim. will do it.
    Otherwise shape expressions or text expressions with shape playback are usefull. Playback Type Key Velocity for percussive instruments and CC#7 for non-percussive instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    If you use HP, hairpins and cresc./dim. will do it.
    Otherwise shape expressions or text expressions with shape playback are usefull. Playback Type Key Velocity for percussive instruments and CC#7 for non-percussive instruments.
    I do use HP and the hairpins and dim. don't have any effect. I have edited the midi date and scaled the key velocities. The graph shows it getting softer but nothing happens. I created a dim. marking with the expression tool and used a shape that gets softer. No effect at all. HP is turned on but it doesn't notice the edited midi data or the expressions I've inserted. If it had a throat, I would throttle it. I must be missing something important.

I'm also unsure what is meant by cc does not equal 7.

Smile Re: Another Finale 2006 question - diminuendo

Quote Originally Posted by docdestructo62
    I do use HP and the hairpins and dim. don't have any effect. I have edited the midi date and scaled the key velocities. The graph shows it getting softer but nothing happens. I created a dim. marking with the expression tool and used a shape that gets softer. No effect at all. HP is turned on but it doesn't notice the edited midi data or the expressions I've inserted. If it had a throat, I would throttle it. I must be missing something important.
    Have you tried inserting dynamic markings (f, mf) before and after (mp, p, pp) the hairpins? The program may need an indication of how much to cresc and dim.

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Go Back to forum