• Register
  • Help

Topic: THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Share/Bookmark

THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Stream music from the Forum thread!

Enjoy the songs of the season while surfing Northern Sounds with the new embedded Christmas Player.

[mov]http://www.garritan.com/xmasplayer.swf[/mov]

You can select Continuous, Random or Repeat Play on the lower left of the player.

The GPO Christmas Album is the 2nd annual collaborative effort of the GPO community and was put together in the spirit of giving for the holiday. A site with this year's GPO Christmas Album and last year's album is also up. There you can download the individual MP3's and the cover art and cd label. We are also replicating a limited number of compact discs. If any of you would like to request a free compact disc of the album, you may do so by sending a self-addressed envelope with sufficienct postage to the address provided on the Christmas page.

Here's the link to the Christmas page:
    http://www.garritan.com/Xmas.html

A heartfelt thank you to everyone that contributed and submitted songs for this project. We had too many songs submitted and could not include them all. Next year we'll aim on producing a double album. And a special thanks to Santa Dan Kury (DPDan) for all his magnificent work putting this all together. And thanks PapChalk for making it possible to embed this player in the forum.

This is special because it was made by people from our community - a community comprised of musicians young and old, from different countries and languages, from differing skill leves and training, rom varying backgrounds and musical tastes - but all united in making this special collection.

I plan to spend Christmas morning unwrapping presents, dining and having yuletime delight while listening to this album. The music will spread much joy this holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Gary Garritan

Re: THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

That Jingle bells ragtime version is fantastic! The Christmas song isn't my cup of tea - a little too saccharine for my cynical British ears - but every song here (cheesy ones included) is great. Just shows how much competition people like me have...

I don't actually use GPO, I use what may be considered 'the devil's instrument' - EWQL. Despite the friction between that place and this, I thank all of the developers and composers on all forums like this one for inspiring my and terrifying me with your talent!

As usual excellent job Gary and all involved.

Cheers,
    JS

Gary and Friends,
    This is another year of great Christmas music .... It's much appreciated ,and hope I am able to participate in next years album ....Thanks to all involved..You know who you are ....It's a great time of year , and this album makes it that much better .....Happy Holidays to all....Sincerely, Jim

Hi Gary, are there any CDs left? I will send my self -addresssed request today. I really look forward to hearing this in .wav format. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deak
    Hi Gary, are there any CDs left? I will send my self -addresssed request today. I really look forward to hearing this in .wav format. Thanks again.
    The CDs just arrived!
    If you would like a copy, let me know and I'll be happy to send one.

Gary Garritan

Smile Re: THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Gary a lot of congratulations!!

You created a place where also I, that I am just a hobbiest (not a Hobbit!),
    I feel a musician!!

Thank you very much, your friend,
    Roberto

The Liner notes for the GPO Christmas Album are now available at:

http://www.garritan.com/xmas/GPO_Christmas_2005.pdf

Thanks Wheat for putting this together, contacting the contributors and doing such a fantastic job.

The notes have also been incorporated on our Christmas page: http://www.garritan.com/Xmas.html

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up Re: THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

This is simply some of the best Christmas music I have ever heard. No less than stunning.

Go Back to forum